limit number of items per customer

Talon H. shared this question 42 days ago
Answered

Is there a way to limit how many of one item a customer can add to their quote?

I have tables/chairs packages for 2 tables and 10 chairs at a discounted price. I have plenty of inventory, so I made the supply infinite because I don't want to miss the chance to upsell a customer. But I have a customer who ordered 10 packages of tables/chairs at the discounted price for their wedding--not the objective of the package incentive.

I want to make it so that while 10 individual customers could all get one package each, any particular customer wouldn't be able to get more than 2. Is that possible?

Comments (2)

photo

I don't think there is a way to do that. It would be easiest for IO to implement it through the promo/fees where they allow you to limit the number of times the promo could be used. Currently, you can only set an overall use number and not a way to do it per customer. There's no way where you set up customer limits when setting up inventory.

Why does it matter if 10 people got 2 packages each (for the same day to compare apples to apples), or one person got 20 of them? Wouldn't the math still end up in your favor because they are all in one place instead of traveling to several places? It seems you'd want to give the discount to the guy who ordered more and not spread it to more people at more locations, mathematically speaking or considering effort for that matter.

photo

These are being sold to different markets: those renting 200 chairs for a wedding are willing to pay a different price than those who could "probably get by without" 2 tables and 10 chairs for a birthday party. We charge flat delivery fees, so that addresses the bulk incentives you refer to.

photo
photo

There is currently no way to do this. As Chad mentioned you could setup packages through promos/fees and set a limit on the times used.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file