Contract - remaining balance isn't populating correctly sometimes

Monika K. shared this question 49 days ago
Answered

The total balance due on this contract is $1500, the required deposit is $525. Sometimes my contract reads these terms correct, other times it does not. How do I get the Remaining Balance to show $975 instead of $1500? Like I said, sometimes it works, but lately I've been running into this issue:

7. Contract Price: The contract price for this engagement shall be $1,500.00 + $0.00 sales tax (Exempt 0%) = $1,500.00 total and shall be paid by the purchaser as follows. The $525.00 deposit is due at the time of signing this agreement. The remaining balance of $1,500.00 shall be paid immediately following the event. All payments received after the day of the event will incur a $25.00 handling fee. There is a 3% surcharge if paying by credit card.

Comments (3)

photo

What is the lead #?

photo

Sounds like you're using the wrong variable. Are you using the same variable for the total and the balance?

photo

Lead number 30677475 - The active contract I manually updated, the one below it still has the issue.

Here is what I am using in the contract:

7. Contract Price: The contract price for this engagement shall be $*quote_subtotal* + $*salestax* sales tax (*taxrate*%) = $*total* total and shall be paid by the purchaser as follows. The $*deposit* deposit is due at the time of signing this agreement. The remaining balance of $*ctr_balance_due* shall be paid immediately following the event. All payments received after the day of the event will incur a $25.00 handling fee. There is a 3% surcharge if paying by credit card.

Instead of $*ctr_balance_due*, what variable should I be using? What variable is considered payment remaining less the deposit?

photo

Maybe try either *balancedue*, *balance_due*, or *balance*. All have different purposes explained in the template variable library.

photo

This still isn't working. I updated the contracts to show *balance* which on the IO Variables it says this should be 'Balance less Deposit', but it's still not showing up correctly. See Lead #28161724.

5421d90b9e2d5d99f44d9d84c7681fca

photo

I updated the template for you. You would want to use ${*total*-*deposit*} to show the Balance less Deposit amount. Please take a look. This will not reflect on an existing contract that has been signed.

photo

A "new" algorithm to use!?!? Hmmmmm

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file