*staffnum* variable not working as expected

Casey Z. shared this question 56 days ago
Answered

Lead 29729451 shows 6 volunteers and 12 staff needed on the lead, but the variable, which is used on my delivery popup, shows 5 staff needed. What is happening there?

1e0ca5c2c07d3d8779aa22b2b1a7ac0c

2de69f0c25074b7a0ce3fcedc92e7f45

Comments (4)

photo

I'm told this is because of how we use staff as an accessory instead of IO's built in way of doing it. We've had to start manually adding the staff in a lot of cases. One of the causes we had for a major discrepency is that we had different types of staff accessories and didn't put down the required staff in the settings for a couple of them.

photo

My "Event Staff" accessory has a required staff on it. Are you saying that IO can't calculate 2 required staff if I have a quantity of 2 Event Staff on the order? Is that only because it's an accessory? If it were a regular inventory item would it calculate correctly? I will test that when I get a chance.

photo

I believe that's it. It seems weird to me too. You can look at the staff numbers per line item when you expand the accessory. That's how I found out.

photo
photo

Can someone from IO take a look at this and see if it is functioning as intended? I don't think it is. Here is a full video of the issue.

https://vimeo.com/994217669/abde378b3c?share=copy

photo

We've added the rental staffing variable WITH a rental loop and it's now working as it should.

photo

Wait, why would you need a rental loop there? That variable should be a sum of staff not per rental. 🤔🤔🤔 The template variable sheet should reflect that kind of thing in the notes.

photo

That didn't do it.

48b8db0fba23d70a17631b0f85a70119

photo

That's exactly what I thought it would do.

photo

I'm with Casey on this. the variable *staffnum* doesn't work correctly. It seems to work fine if I manually type in the total staff on the lead but it doesn't automatically tally it correctly based on the inventory items.

photo

Give me a minute...trying to see if there's a possibility to make another variable work on this pop up. Give us a little time this morning to see if possible

photo

It's. It just there. It's everywhere. I use it on my packing list.

photo

Some variables just don't work on all templates...trying to see if it can work here too

photo

I should say it's not working correctly ANYWHERE I use it. including packing lists, contracts and invoices.

photo
photo

We've fixed the issue with the template variable not showing the same number of staff as the lead.

photo

Nice! Thank you!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file