Software bug - modular inventory items

Courtney D. shared this question 51 days ago
Answered

For items that have modular art (ie banner/design) as an accessory with it set to be its separate rental units, it creates a problem when adding the original item to the shopping cart. I don’t intent to have anyone actually select the item “Cornhole Game Set” by itself, rather one with a design/art. When testing it though, it can be added to the cart, and looks like it’s really added because it changes the price, but really, it disappears at quoting time. Let’s find a way to remove the item from being added to the shipping cart without removing its variations with accessories

Comments (7)

photo

We would need more information...maybe a screenshot of what you are seeing and what you expect to see

d7ff718875e2ca6590090cfe31b48e88

329a8312833aa97473fbaa1cd042480d

photo

Sure thing

Example #1: adding cornhole set to the cart. In the second screenshot, no change was made, I only clicked “Checkout”

photo

Example 2

My other modular product is giant connect 4. I have two variations of it. I can add both to my cart, but they both disappear when I hit “checkout”

photo

The most important example: if a customer doesn’t know any better and chose an item with these modular products, the bug makes the cart vs checkout look deceiving

photo

Thank you...looks like this is on mobile? It worked ok for me on desktop version. Let me test on mobile as well. That may be the issue. I will let a developer know

photo

This affects Desktop too.

Workouround:

If you all can remove both Cornhole Set w/LED Lights and “Giant Connect 4” but NOT its variations from the “you might also be interested in” section. This problem likely wouldn’t even occur as users wouldn’t be able to see and select it.

Thanks!

photo

Can you check and see if the items in the cart are now showing on the checkout page? I keep testing and it seems to be working the way we would expect

Leave a Comment

Attach a file