"Check Delivery" button displaying incorrect delivery fee

Erin S. shared this problem 2 days ago
Awaiting Reply

The "Check Delivery" button displaying an incorrect delivery fee of $30 no matter what the customer address is. Upon clicking on "check delivery" in the shopping cart or via the "check delivery" button on the rental item, it will display a message saying, "Success! We are able to deliver to your location with a $30.00 fee!"

This happens even in our free delivery area or areas more than $30.

If the customer books, the fee is not actually added to the booking.

I do have 2 "Delivery Methods" set up in settings. One is $30 for non-residential bookings and the other is $0 for residential bookings. But the customer doesn't select this option until later when they go into the Quote form.

Comments (4)

photo

I have tested this and it seems to be working?

c1e907d30411f91ff485e51b0f332542

2668bde2ecc8f133daa58de79b830be4

photo

Yes, that is because I temporarily made my “delivery method” in settings for non-residential deliveries a zero dollar fee until I get it figured out and also to troubleshoot.

For some reason, the system is defaulting to the $30 fee non-residential and getting that info from my “delivery method” that I set up in settings. It’s choosing that even before the customer selects their delivery method of residential VS. non-residential . 

photo

I have a developer taking a look at this.

photo

I've found the cause of this issue. When one delivery method has 'charge a delivery fee' set to 'yes' it will be used regardless of your default delivery method.

You could set them both to 'No' or 'Yes', then is should only use your default delivery method to calculate prices with the check delivery button.

61f14c140e25f88c182cc45e3772ee82

c192347e81fd21b34f0afe133c8329d8

Leave a Comment

Attach a file