This object is in archive! 

Special packinglist template setup

Steve M. shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

I created a special packinglist template to be used as a dropoff/pickup checklist that I want to print out to take to the customer. It loops through the rentals and prints out one form for each inflatable the event has so we can do the checklist for each. However, when I run the report, it also prints out a checklist for non-inflatables, like the snowcone machine, popcorn machine, accessories and supplies, etc. Any thoughts on how to set this up to ignore the accessories?

Comments (8)

photo

My recommendation would be to take the HTML from the checklist you've created and paste it in the "inspection list" in the advanced features area of the applicable rentals.2028af65a01b6ac78c1ed5a7018a2d29

Then, in the Packing List template, use the template variable *rentalinspectionlist* to output that html for that rental (need to be in the rental loop).

This has the advantage of letting you modify the inspection list per rental.

photo

Ouch! I have about 75 rentals in one location and about 30 rentals in 4 other locations, so that would be about 200 rental edits...Right now the form is very general and is the same for all rentals. Any chance I could get some help with this?

photo

If you add it to one, we could run a script to add it to the others. We could exclude anything in the Food and Equipment category

photo

Before I get too confused...

I want to print out a form for each rental item that lists

- the event info,

- the rental item name,

- a table listing of things to check,

- and a signature/date line.

I created one, but it loops through every rental on every day.

So, if I understand correctly, I need to cut the html for the table and the signature line from packing list template and paste it into the item's "advanced features inspection list", and then replace it with *rentalinspectionlist* ?

If correct, how do I access this form; from the delivery page?

photo

Your understanding is correct so far. For now, you can only access your "default" Packing List from the Deliveries page (we just recently added in the ability to have multiple "packing list" documents, so it's support hasn't been spread to the Deliveries area just yet).

But you can put this in as a portion of your default PL. You'll have to get crafty on putting the rental loop in the right area along with proper page breaks. There's one more part that is difficult to explain, so we can help you with this. Once the document is finished, we'll need to put in some special HTML that says "if the *rentalinspectionlist* is empty, don't display this chunk of HTML," so that it's not printing out a useless page for each accessory too.

Here's a sample of this code (the event details could be included too but are not in this example code)

1. <div id="repeat_start_rentals">
  2. </div><span style="~~empty(*rentalinspectionlist*)~display:none~ ~~">
  3. <p>Details for *rentalname*:
  4. <br /> *rentalinspectionlist*
  5. <br />
  6. </p></span>
  7. <div style="page-break-after: always;">
  8. </div>
  9. <div id="repeat_end_rentals">
  10. </div>

photo

I added the code to my template called "Packing List", and tested it on an event with 2 rentals. Seemed to work fine when printed from Deliveries, except had an extra blank page at the end. The event ID is1441896. Could you take a look and see if it is ready to move to the next step?

photo

You'll want to take the "I agree that I have been given proper instructions for safe operation of *rentalname*." bit out and move it into the template. We can't do the variable replacing of *rentalname* inside the *rentalinspectionlist* variable itself.

photo

Cool! You mentioned running a script to add it to all rentals.

I have pasted the code into the inspection list one product: 18 foot Single Lane DRY Slide.

If you could copy it into all other items, that would be great.

1) all 5 locations

2) exclude Food & Equipment category

3) exclude Generators category

4) exclude Accessories

If I missed something, please let me know.

Thanks for all your great support!

photo

It's done. Thanks.

photo

Awesome :)

Replies have been locked on this page!