Logic of parent/child with add-ons

Courtney D. shared this question 9 days ago
Answered

So I offer bubble ball games as a rental. I have 12 bubble balls total and want to offer two packages; a 6 player bundle and a 12 player bundle. The 12 player bundle is the parent to 2 (6) player bubble ball games. For the 6 player game, I want to have optional bubble ball add ons up to 11. I made 5 accessories (+n Bubble Ball add-ons) up to 5 with pricing set for each.

I was testing the logic at checkout, and it looks like I can still add 2 (6 player bubble ball game) & (+5 bubble ball add ons) which wouldn’t work. I need the 6 player and 12 player items linked as parent/child so that they can’t get booked at the same time. How can I do this to allow, say a 6 player game with +3 add ons, but not let another 6 player game get booked?

Comments (1)

photo

You would have to create a "placeholder" Bubbleball as an item that doesn't show on site, contract etc (advanced settings) and make the quantity 12. Then instead of using parent/child you would add as a required accessory to all items involved...add 6 required to the 6 player set, 12 to the 12 player set etc. Then the "add ons" for the 6 player set would have to be rentals as well w/ the correct amount saved to each one as well.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file