When does the full payment from costumer get pulled. I dont see any info on this.

Simeon T. shared this question 4 months ago
Answered

My costumers are making deposits but I don’t know what day it pulls the full amount from their card? Where do I adjust this? I assume by default it pulls on day of delivery? Or do I have to manually do this?

Comments (1)

photo

You can send an auto email through the email center that reminds them to pay (event reminder) Or you can set up an automation for billing:

This only works if you're using Global Payments merchant services and only works if we have the card on file (such as they paid the deposit or paid on a previous event). This one requires two automatons to be created, and they must be in this order. The first one does the charging, and the 2nd one is optional if you want someone to get notified of any failures. Successful charge notifications are already handled by the Customer - Payment Received and Alerts: Payment Made.

Automation 1: Charge Card - Balance

Filter: Event Date next 1 day, Status: Confirmed, Balance Due greater than 0, has CC on file

Action: Charge card: balance due

Automation 2: Charge Card - Notify of Failure

Filter: [filter should be same as in Automation 1]

Action: Email - Card Declined

Other recommendations: You might want to have your Payment Reminder email come after the automation attempt. You might want your Deposit Received email to let them know that the balance will be auto-charged.

photo

Is there a video on this?, it’s a bit confusing in a bunch of text format and yes I’m using Global Payments

photo

Thank you much, but this still doesn’t answer the direct question I’m asking. Being that I have Global payments set up, does it automatically withdraw full costumer payment on the day of delivery , I have deposit feature set up to withdraw 50% at checkout? That video and the automations page didn’t help me.

photo

The deposit is set under Payment Preferences. The customer will have the option to pay deposit and/or balance when they pay the first time. Then if there's a balance...You would have to set up an automation to automatically charge their card again through global. The article above explains how to do this.

photo

Okay thank you, I wish the system was a little more easier to understand and simply laid out.

photo

Automations are one of the harder things to set up...but once you do it--it will make more sense. If you need help w/ the filter for the automation for auto charge let us know.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file