Optional/Custom Fields on Website in Inventory Item Description

Talon H. shared this question 14 days ago
Answered

Out of the box, my template IO website displays a few fields on the page for each inventory item, including the description, circuits needed, item dimensions, and space needed.

I have made several custom optional fields and would like to have those appear on the website as well. For example, "jump area" dimensions, max individual weight, etc.

I want to edit the template so that these appear on all pages, current and future (as new inventory items are added). How can I go about doing so?

Comments (1)

photo

You have to go into WordPress, inflatable office plug in, shortcoder, then select the io_rental code. Once that opens, you can add it in the code where you want. If you don't know how to do that, copy the code and paste it in to a notepad file then again I'm chat gpt. Tell it you want to place your variable where you'd like to place it in the page and let it work. Copy that and replace the current code in WordPress. Do not overwrite the notepad file that's your backup if something gets messed up.

As far as backups go, they also let you advise revisions but that gets hard to follow

photo

I'm not the original poster but I'm also trying to add extra details and have them show up. I have them added under Optional Fields and then I came here and got all the way to io_rental with your instructions but now I'm lost. I really want to figure this out!

photo

If this is the line before... <p class="io_product_footprint_left">Space Needed:</p>

Then would the next one be... <p class="io_product_footprint_left">(name of the optional field)</p>

photo

No you'd put the optional field right after the colon on the first line. If you did what you're suggesting, it would create a second line. But that should already have %%footprint%%

The <p>...</p> is a paragraph element. So when you create a second one it's just like a paragraph and goes down a line.

Not sure if any of that is making sense.

Honestly coding this stuff is the hardest part. You can go a long way using chatgpt or Google Gemini.

photo

I'm getting closer :) You've been so helpful but I'm still missing something. I'm usually tech savvy but I'm starting to feel like I'm in over my head with this. Maybe I'm mixing up the name of the optional field and the Template name or something.

I wish if I added it under optional fields it would automatically appear on wordpress like the circuits and dimensions did. Is there anyway to have anyone from IO do it?

I have the Circuits, Dimensions, and Space Needed that automatically are there. I want to add "Ages" and "Maximum Weight Per Rider"

photo

In WordPress you need to replace the asterisk with two percent signs. That's important. And the variable will be a customfield-number.

Share screenshots of the result and the code

photo

Thanks for trying to help Chad! I really appreciate it. I have my code copied into a doc so I have the original saved just in case. So, on the screenshot below, what goes in the space where I highlighted? I tried the customfield name but it didn't do anything.

After I figure this out for ages then I'm sure adding "Maximum Weight" will seem so easy :)

71fac33dd60e10ff09db55c303e968a5

photo

Ignore my last message. It did work. Thank you so much Chad!!! You are seriously awesome!!!

1157d9d15134b223366c43427afffe3b

photo

Sweet!!!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file