Variable Distance Charge

Nicki G. shared this idea 31 days ago
New

It would be nice to be able to charge double distance .

EX:

Customer Pickup we do not charge a distance charge

Staffed we charge the normal distance charge

Delivery/Pickup we charge double distance because we are leaving and coming back

Comments (2)

photo

It's been a while since I've seen this requested. I would definitely still like this feature added.

photo

We've done this manually for the last couple years. And this year we've opted to more often than not just charge your third option on everything but customer pick ups. Which you can remove delivery by setting a customer pick up location venue. Again, done manually.

All that said, I like this idea. Seems like an easy add to charge a multiple of delivery fee on each delivery method. Then we could just select the multiple. I.e. .5 1 2 etc.

photo

A manual multiplier would be great. You could use it for multiple trucks or for two round trips. It really seems like that would be easy to add right here. And with automations, you could fill it in automatically when "Delivery without staff" is selected.

5458b2d365da519fbcb52a8dd9c8c1b6

photo

For a manual multiplier I have a hidden item called "Add Truck" that has the separate vehicle box selected so when I add one it doubles the distance charge but is hidden from the customers view.

photo

Wow! I never even thought of that! I just added it to my inventory. Thanks, Nicki! Is there any way to use an automation to add an item to a lead? If so, this same thing would work to automate multiple round trip rates.

photo

No to the automation, though that would be awesome

photo

It would be nice to offer multiple delivery options as well that could be flat rate or distance based.

For example we have 4 different delivery options based on the time, date and delivery window either specified time, 3 hour- 6 hour or 10 hour window options, and Weekend, night pickups/deliveries are added cost as well with higher minimums.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file