Customer thank you / Google reviews

Erin S. shared this question 38 days ago
Answered

For the first time, a customer received their “thank you” email after their event which has the 5 stars at the top, that they can click on to leave a review and they left a 5 star “review”.

I expected the review to land in my Google reviews, but it went onto my page as a customer testimony.

In settings, under general preferences - reviews, I only have the link to my google review that I had entered.

When I go to edit the “thank you” email in the email center. I am unable to see the code associated with the stars that they click on. I believe this may be where the code needs to be updated to send them to my Google reviews as opposed to an I/O testimonial / survey.

Comments (4)

photo

Might be the weight setting under the google link. If google is the only review page you have, set the weight to 10. If you have more that 1 review site, set a higher weight for the ones that's most important to you.

Minimum rating is whatever you want to show on google. For example; If you set a minimum rating of 4 and client rates 3, it will redirect them to customer testimony. If they were to rate 4 or higher it would direct them to google.

We have 3 review sites, Google being set at 7 for weight and minimum rating of 4. If a client clicks on 4 or higher, MOST of the times it will direct them to google. Other times it'll be YP and so on, depending on weight.

Just my 2Cents and what I found that works for us.

photo

Thank you, that makes sense but the Google review page is the only one that I have set in there and it is weighted as a 10. Thank you though!

photo

I tested this out....If I choose 5 stars it goes to Google Reviews...If I choose 4 it goes to the IO customer satisfaction survey. So it seems to be working the way it should.

photo
photo

Hi! But the customer (Keri D.) gave it 5 stars. At least on her  satisfaction survey it is 5 stars. 

Also, you might already be aware, but when you were doing the test, I got a email bounced back message because of a missing in your email address. 3 Pics below

Thank you!

photo

She may have ultimately given you 5 stars...but if you look at the log of the lead she must have accidentally clicked on 1 star first...and that directed her to the IO survey

31cae1e446c3aac2b9033bc2a9eadf3c

photo

Ok got it, thank you! I did see someone else had that same issue when I was searching in help. Where they were told  once customer clicks on a lower star at first, this can happen.

If development could fix it would be awesome, but I understand some things can’t be controlled and you’re interacting with google’s software etc. Thanks again!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file