$ Off Delivery Fee option in Promotions and Fees

Talon H. shared this question 2 months ago
Answered

I rent inflatables as well as tables and chairs. How can I set up Delivery Fees that apply differently to my inflatables vs. my tables and chairs?

Delivery for inflatables should be $0 within a 5mi radius, but tables/chairs are starting at $20.

If they are for the same lead, the bouncer delivery fee schedule overrides the tables/chairs.

I've tried to set up a Special (in Promotions and Fees) to subtract $20 from the Delivery Fee, however the only option to deduct from Delivery Fees is to subtract a percentage, not a dollar value. Do I need to submit a feature request or something to get the dollar value option added to that dropdown?

It does allow to subtract a dollar value from the lead (as opposed to from the Delivery Fee)...but I don't want to clutter my invoices with fees and discounts, or for people to feel nickel-and-dimed.

Is there an alternate way to customize Delivery Fees?

Comments (1)

photo

45c6a2a36e6642ec0cb3f73ea6ff041a

I see you have a coupon for the $20 off delivery when renting a bouncer.

I think this would work better as a special so it automatically applies... unless you are wanting your customers to type in Bouncer Delivery in the coupon box at the checkout.

There is a dollar amount option in the dropdown next to "Receive". If you select the $ Off option, you will see an optional rental filter field. You can leave this blank as your first filter is all that is needed for this promotion to apply.

At this time, there is no way to customize distance charges per item. You COULD create a separate delivery method (in Settings-->Delivery Methods) and apply the $20 flat fee for tables and chairs only under the restrictions of the delivery method.

photo

Yes, I switched the Special I made to a Coupon code to make sure it wouldn't apply by default while it's not set up correctly.

Choosing the "$ Off Delivery" will result in having BOTH the $20 delivery fee and the $20 discount, which is not ideal (details in original post) so that's off the table.

It sounds like the delivery method option could work...I'm thinking I'll change the default "Drop Off" to be "Inflatable/Bounce House" since that's been working right. Then I'll make a new one for "Delivery" for the chairs/tables, and that one will have the flat $20 fee, which will then be added to the distance charges, correct?

photo

Yes it seems the delivery method will work. But the flat fee from the delivery method will show as a separate line from the distance charges. Delivery Method will show as Delivery Method Fee and the distance charges will display as Distance Charges.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file