Sales Tax not recalculating

Brandy C. shared this problem 22 months ago
Solved

Hello, I’ve been seeing several customer select Yes under the exempt field but they are not truly exempt. So when I go in and uncheck the exempt field in the backend the sales tax is not being calculated. I’ve entered in 6% and nothing happens (see screenshot attached). Do I need to change a setting?

Also, can you include a Tax ID field but don’t make it required. That way if someone is exempt they can enter the ID #. Thanks in advance.

Comments (6)

photo

It should be automatically recalculating once you uncheck so a developer is looking at this now! But in the meantime, you can add an item to get it to force a recalculation and then remove it once it does

photo

AND, honestly if you don't have many people who actually qualify for tax exempt...we can remove this option from the quote page and you can apply it to their lead if they do. Or we can add the spot for the ID # as well...up to you.

photo

Good idea. Yes completely remove. If it’s truly exempt I can add it in the backend. Thanks

photo

Ok, I took it off. I think that's much easier...and now you can make any customers tax exempt if need be

photo

Hello I am having the same issue. I though I fixed it by disabling it in the settings but it is still there as an option during check out.

photo

Would you like the tax exempt field removed?

photo

Yes please

photo

I have this removed!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file