Custom Template variables or template variable request

Chaz G. shared this question 23 months ago
Answered

is it possible to create custom template variables? I would like to add unit replacement value into my contract.

Comments (4)

photo

You can add custom fields with optional fields. Create the optional field and then it will create a variable that you can put on the contract. Here is info on adding optional fields: https://rental.software/support/knowledge-base/article/optional-fields-more-notes-and-fields-for-leads

If you need further assistance with this please let us know.

photo

I am not sure if that is what I am looking for. I messed with it a little bit and for the lack of better way to say it, it is too rigid. I guess more of what I am asking for is since you guys already have replacement value in the inventory advanced settings as a default, could you possibly add that to your default list of variables? Or give me an example of how I use the above link to simply display the correct replacement cost for the rented unit on the contract without charging the customer

photo

I have this request in w/ developers to see what options we have to get this added for you. Soon as it's been reviewed you'll be updated.

Thanks!

photo

You should be able to access the column Rentals Replacement Cost now.

photo

HI Tim. I have tried to find it and am not seeing it. I assumed it would be added to the template variable list. Can you point me to location or elaborate for me please.

thanks

photo

I've got your response over to Tim to review. You'll be updated when done.

photo

I added it to the report columns, not the variable list originally. Adding it to the variable list is a little more work. Are you sending that to your customers so they know what their liability is if they damage the equipment?

photo

Yes that is my intention. I would like to add the unit replacement cost to my contract so that it's explicitly shown what they are liable for.

photo

The variable has been added for replacement cost. Here's the variable you can insert into your contract template *rental_replacementcost*

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file