Configuring Delivery Fees

Harry B. shared this question 3 months ago
Answered

I have a mobile restroom rental service, Throne Ranger, and I need help in setting my delivery fees.

I currently have the delivery fees setup to charge a flat fee of $300 and then an additional charge of $10/mile for each mile over 40 miles and $15/mile for each mile over 100 miles. This works fine for one trailer.

I have the following items I charge for delivery:

• Luxury Restroom Trailers
  • Pumping and Fresh Water Service (when the distance exceeds 40 miles charge $10/mile up to 100 miles and $15/mile for milage over 100 miles)
  • Attendant Services (when the distance exceeds 40 miles charge $3/mile up to 100 miles and $5/mile over 100 miles)

Here are my issues:

• If there is more than 1 trailer on an order I need to charge the delivery and milage fees for the additional trailer. For example, if there are two trailers on the other I need to charge a $600 delivery fee. I did try the separate vehicle setting but it didn't work because if I had a trailer and an add on item like a generator delivery fee would be $600.
  • Pumping and Fresh Water Service I charge $375 for this service, The delivery fee is included in the price for up to 40 miles but after 40 miles I want to charge the same price as of my trailer deliveries $10/mile up to 100 miles and $15/mile over 100 miles. The issue is when I this item is on an order by itself I get charged a $300 delivery fee.
  • Attendant Services same as the Pumping Service the price includes deleivery up 40 miles but when the distance exceeds 40 miles i want charge $3/mile up to 100 miles and $5/mile over 100 miles.

If you want to talk to me about this my number is 713-530-1200

Thanks Harry

Comments (14)

photo

The easiest part is multiple trailers. You can open inventory and tell the software it needs another truck in the advanced tab. It will charge delivery accordingly.

However, adding delivery for various services doesn't seem to be supported...yet.

photo

Chad can you please call about this. Please see my original message "I did try the separate vehicle setting but it didn't work because if I had a trailer and an addtional like a generator delivery fee would be $600." The system thought I was making two deliveries Harry at 713-530-1200

photo

I don't work for IO. But maybe they'll give you a call.

I'm sorry, I skipped that you tried that. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.

photo

Chad I am so sorry that didn't realize you were not in technical support. I apologize for my tone. Thank you for your help.

photo

I get it! I get frustrated too when people don't fully read my tickets. Sorry I committed that sin.

photo

Here is a screenshot of the test customer HJB Me Account

photo
photo

I turned the separate vehicle settings back on for your 3 stations...it seems to be working for me. I add 1 station and it charges the $300 fee, I add two and it's $600...see the screenshots below. When it comes to different calculations of different distance charges for different items...that cannot be done.

photo

Ok, I see. ANY items that are added to a lead now are going to be charged a separate fee. So, for example, if a generator cannot be rented on it's own...I suggest we switch it to an accessory and only allow it to be rented if a station is rented. We will also run into this with the Attendant Service as well.

photo

I spoke with Spider development about changing the Attendant and Pumping Service to Accessories and they said they were setup as normal items so they ordered/reserved as individual items and be available in the navigation. You might check with IO and see if there’s a way for you to add as both.

Can we have them as both?

photo

If we set up as an accessory it will still pull out of inventory and keep track that way but won't accumulate the separate truck fee.

photo

Dave Barnes concern is that they won't appear in the navigation is that true?

photo

On a Packing List? Yes it will still show

photo

No I thank he is talking about displaying it to the customer when they are using the quote system and when they are looking at inventory detail page.

photo

It wouldn't have it's own product page, if that's what they mean. It would have to be added to another rental item...as an accessory. When this happens it would then show as an add on to that inventory item and show throughout the booking process

photo

This is going over my head. When you have can could someone call me to discuss and maybe we could look at a screen together so I can understand you better. 713-530-1200

photo

Sorry, we had set meetings this morning. If you'd like I can set the generator this way temporarily...see if this would work for you? We could always switch it back.

photo

I would like to speak to someone before we make any more changes. Can someone call me at 713-530-1200? This will save me all the back and fort chats.

photo

Click here to set up a call/meeting https://calendly.com/d/5dg-p5w-j6y/meet-with-me

Leave a Comment

Attach a file