Multiple Units with different item numbers

Raymond T. shared this question 4 months ago
Answered

Is there a way to list a single unit with multiple numbers and it only be on the website one time. We have 5 castles and we are wanting to number them so that we are able to track them better. I wanted to have the numbers listed with the names. However, I only wanted it on the website 1 time not 5. Is this possible.

Comments (2)

photo

Create each item with the same name. That will put it on the site once. Then in the advanced section use the serial number to differentiate them. This will use x rental items for your subscription though.

You'll also want to pay attention to your display orders and I'm not 100% on how it affects availability viewed on the site as we always show everything available.

photo

I was wanting to be able to have the different numbers so that it would print on the paperwork. For example: Castle-15, Castle-16, Castle-17 and so on with only one showing on the website.

photo

Yeah, you just put the variable *rentalserialnumber* where you want it to show.

photo
photo

Hi Raymond! You would make different inventory items all named the same thing and add the serial number to each listing. The item will only show once on the website, but you will see the serial number on the quote, lead, packing list etc. Let me know if there is anything else you needed help with!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file