Questions about Contracts

Harry B. shared this question 4 months ago
Answered
  1. In my rental agreement, by default, the customer is charged a loss damage waiver. This is an optional charge. They have to accept it and pay for it to book the order. If they want it waived and the LDW refunded they have to provide us with proof of insurance. See attachment highlighted in red box.
  2. We were planning on sending them an insurance requirements check list they must complete to get us the coverage we need. What is the best way to do that?
  3. What is the best way to refund the LDW charge and and have the customer sign either an amendment to the contract or void the original contract and replace it with a new one that has the language with the LDW declined?
  4. We want to add the a the company name to the agreement if there is one. What is the best way to do that but only if one is present? What is the difference between company name and organization?
  5. I noticed this error message ACH (OpenEdge) Payments Error: Account Status is not set. On the Finalize Contract page. We have ACH with Open Edge how do we fix that? I wouldn't have noticed this error unless I was testing the ordering system, Does it appear anywhere else so I as an administrator can detect any issues with my system?

Comments (2)

photo

I was thinking, is it possible to have a different contract based on the customer's choice for the loss damage waiver?

photo

Sorry I wasn't clear. Can I have the system select which contract to use based on the answer to the LDW question? An automatic not a manual operation.

photo

We have some conditional statement code we can write for different things to show on the contract depending on what the customer chooses on the quote/checkout page but since they will be doing this after the fact this will have to be done manually

photo

That solves our problem if we can communicate the LDW details so they can make a choice. Then we could take care of all of this before they book. If they select LDW the invoice is updated for the fee and the contract language has the T&C related to the LDW inserted. If they decline the T&C to no LDW is inserted. How do we do that?

photo

We would just need you to send us the Terms and conditions for the LDW and what you would to show without the LDW and we can write the code for the contract

photo
photo

2. You can possibly set up an email in the Email Center with this information? We can have this go out automatically when lead is confirmed?

3. You can always remove the LDW from the lead before the balance is paid in full (hopefully) and then no need to necessarily refund anything? You would then need to regenerate the contract on the lead itself (under contract section) Would you have a whole different contract in this situation since they wouldn't need this verbiage...actually...you just replied saying so...LOL...yes we could have a different contract with different verbiage you could send them instead!

4. The Company and Organization ARE the same. Even though it says this on the lead...we can label it so the customer sees "company" if you'd like?

5. Are you trying to make an ACH payment and getting this error?

photo

for number 4 why are the two different field names under Optional Fields? I was referring to the data in the field not a field label. Think of it like a mail merge function if there is data in Company field (for example Exxon) I would like to agreement to say...Joe Blow and Exxon with the "and Exxon" being added because there is data. If there is no data the "and" Company Name would not appear.

photo

I am not sure what you mean? On the lead it is labeled "organization". But on the Checkout page if you would like it to show to the customer.... Company name...we can switch it to that? But...it would still show to YOU organization. I am not sure what you mean by optional fields?

photo

I am getting this question from look at the Template Variables section of I/O

photo

Company_name only displays the company name if it's present. Organization displays the company name if its present OR the customer name if the company name is not present.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file