Wordpress product filter widget

Chad B. shared this question 4 months ago
Answered

Does the widget not work on the /all-items/ page? I also tried creating a new page with all items added then put the widget in and it still didn't work.

Comments (1)

photo

That page is generated by IO, and you won't be able to use the page in that way. You can create a new page with the widget, then redirect the /all-items/ page to it with the Rank math plugin.

WordPress - Add New Page

https://rental.software/support/knowledge-base/article/wordpress-add-new-page

photo

I was pretty confident the video about this showed it being available for category pages.

ALSO, See the second sentence in my original post. This means I did create a new page, I used the feature product widget and selected to show all items and then added the filter widget.

See Inventory Catalog | Jumping Jacks Event Rentals Springfield, MO (jumpingjacksevents.com)

If you check "slides" nothing changes even though I have the 15ft slide set.

photo

Also, Can we make the group headings not collapse?

photo

If you only want certain items to display there, click on the categories 'clear', then select the item.

Also, the menu collapsing behavior cannot be edited.

c268687ed49bd32b62df43a9e815f30e

photo

That's not what I want at ALL. I want all the items to show. When someone chooses the slides check box, only the slides should show.

Here, watch this. This is what I'm trying to get to work.

Website - Filters for Clients | Website Integration | Support (rental.software)

photo

We have a developer looking into the issue of the filter tool not functioning properly on your website.

photo

Thanks

Any update?

photo

We've determined this was caused by the 'container' element being used on the page, and we're working on a fix.

photo

Ooohhh so it's the type of container I'm using. Ok. Dang. I guess I could use the old style but the new containers are much more friendly.

photo

Any update on this? I tried using the older containers and it still doesn't work

photo

We are still working on a solution. That page did still seem to be using a container rather than Elementor's default section when I checked.

6f1dcd7eda9c6b5b6df71acda0cb3668

0e4b72a2bd4140ede6a8d33a40383b12

photo

oh my. I thought I changed that. Maybe I didn't save it. I'll do it again. Thanks. But if it could work on the new containers, that would be awesome!!

photo

Found out. WP is converting the section to a container. That's what happened.

photo

I'll have to find what setting I have that's making that happen

photo

Checking in on this. I updated the page to use sections instead of containers and the selections still don't filter anything.

I've hidden the widget so customers don't get frustrated trying to use it and nothing happens.

photo

Our dev was able to make the filter work on that page. You can refresh that page, and try again.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file