Selling off units

Chad B. shared this question 5 months ago
Answered

What is the best way to put a unit up for sale on the website (hidden page)?

I know how to make the page hidden from most customers. What I have now is a slide that was categorized as a slide. Now that I want to sell it I'm not sure what to do IF I do it through IO. I see 2 options.

1. Remove the slide from the SLIDE category and put it in the FOR SALE category. Change the price structure and remove from inventory when it sells. My issue is, will all the rental data used in reports then be attributed to the sale category or will it stay in the slides category because it captures where it was at the time of rental?

OR

2. Deactivate the current Item and create a new MANUFACTURER ITEM to sell it under. This seems to do the trick as far as reporting except then the sale of it doesn't figure into the reports, and I'm not sure how this translates into QuickBooks. AND once the item sells, do I have to manually deactivate it or will it automatically do it?

Comments (1)

photo

#2 would be your best option, you most likely have to put it into quickbooks manually. Unless if you put it through a regular status flow of a lead then it should go over. Obviously if that doesn't happen then you would need to put it in as a manual sale.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file