Non-Residential Quote Submission (Test Quote ID# 20975913)

David I. shared this question 6 months ago
Answered

How do I set up the quotes for ONLY Non-Residential clients to NOT display their quote once they submit it. We want to manually underwrite and review their rental request prior to displaying a quote on screen to them. We would like them to receive a message stating something like:

"Thanks for submitting your rental request. Our team is currently review your rental quote. You will receive a formal quote via email in 24hrs."

This allows us to manually underwrite their quote before they ever see it.

Comments (3)

photo

I don't know that you can by customer type. You'd have to use "delivery type" as the determining factor. Though, I know a lot of people that would like this feature.

photo

Correct. I have a Non-Residential delivery type as well based on your feedback from a prior/similar question.

photo

Oh, I see what you're saying. The only restriction is autobooking but they can still see a quote. You can only set that on an entire account setting not micro settings.

photo

@Chad B. Yes, that's what I'm trying to accomplish. It's hard for me to make changes to their quote if they already saw it! Now I have to explain everything and it set a FALSE expectation for the customer. I don't see what's so hard about not displaying the quote and just showing a "Message" in lieu of On-Screen quote.

photo

They do that, but it's account-wide. It's how I have my account set up. NO ONE sees a quote without me reviewing it and making any necessary changes.

photo
photo

Sorry but there is no way to do this at this time, I could put in a feature request?

photo

Please submit a FEATURE REQUEST. What a work around to solve my problem?

It's hard for me to make changes to their quote if they already saw it! Now I have to explain everything and it set a FALSE expectation for the customer. I don't see what's so hard about not displaying the quote and just showing a "Message" in lieu of On-Screen quote.

photo

I have put in your feature request, as of now there is no work around. The only way would be to turn it off for everybody.

photo

The developer has a few questions!

1. are they collecting residential vs not for quotes?
  2. do they understand they will have to have a separate quote page setup to send to non-residential users and they will have to choose it after reviewing and before sending to their customer?

photo

Not sure I understand Question #2. Could we hop on a call tomorrow to make sure all parties are clear.

photo

So you will have 2 different quote pages that you will have to choose after reviewing the quotes and you will have to choose which one to send either non residential or residential.

photo

Per Developer:

This would be custom work at a cost of $150 and could be completed by the end of the first week of December if you are agreeable. If you are agreeable, we will send a proposal of what we will do and if you are still agreeable, we will bill you when we start the work, since it is custom code in your template, any changes you make that break it we would not be responsible for and fixing it may cost additional money.

Is this something that you would be interested in doing?

photo

Yes, but closer to when our season starts in Mid-Feb 2024, early March 2024

photo

I have given your response to the developer.

photo

We're in the middle of doing a website face lift so I want to make sure your developers are the last ppl in to ensure nobody screws up code

photo

Thanks for letting us know, I have passed your response on to the developers.

photo
photo

Developer is asking if you still want this done, as they waited until you were done with your site?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file