Sales Tax Due is Different in IO and Quickbooks

Devin L. shared this question 6 months ago
Answered

Why is my Sales Tax due on the IO report different from the amount showing in Quickbooks? Could this be because Quickbooks factors into consideration the different tax rates between the counties that we service and IO only uses the rate for the county that my business is actually located in?

We service counties that have different tax rates but the rate for the county that our business is actually located in is the tax rate that is charged to each of our leads regardless of which county they are located in. If this is the issue, can the settings be adjusted and if so, how?

Best Answer
photo

If you go to settings>tax preferences. You can choose to override or back up. Select back up. then IO will automatically populate sales tax based on customer location instead of your location.

Comments (1)

photo

That's how mine is. I pay sales tax based on where my business is at, not where I service so in IO I have it override the county taxes. But QuickBooks doesn't have that option so it varies from invoice to invoice.

photo

Yes, I confirmed that is the issue. However, after contacting the Florida Dept of Revenue, they confirmed that the tax rate charged to the customer should be based on the tax rate for the county that the customer is located in and not the county that my business is located in. Moving forward, I guess I will have to update this manually for each lead.

photo

If you go to settings>tax preferences. You can choose to override or back up. Select back up. then IO will automatically populate sales tax based on customer location instead of your location.

photo

Thank you so much, Chad. I will try this.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file