Tags

Chad B. shared this question 9 months ago
Answered

Can you allow the use of tags on the Create simple lead option in Zapier?

Comments (1)

photo

Hey Chad!

Tags are not supported under the simple lead action.

I can speak from my own experience though setting up all of the required fields on the regular submit lead action every time can be a pain. My recommendation would be to set up a zap as a template that is ready to go. Then I would just copy that zap and switch up the trigger and modify the action, which should save a good bit of time as opposed to doing it all from scratch every time.

Let me know if you need any help!

photo

The only issue I have is contact form date. I don't have a variable to put in there. Here's the details of it.....

I'm trying google lead ads (no high hopes but it's an ad asset that doesn't cost any more than what I'm doing now). I have a zap that connects the lead form to IO BUT google doesn't capture the date the form was filled out to input in to IO. I don't really want to put a static date in there, though I will if I have to, probably doesn't matter now that I'm thinking about it more. If it wasn't for that, I'd use the create/update lead. Which now I may anyway.

photo

If it is running pretty close to the time that the lead is coming in, I would just use the Zapier timestamps. Here is their article on how to insert them.

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496275717261-Insert-the-time-your-Zap-runs-into-a-field#add-a-timestamp-in-your-timezone-0-0

After you look at that article can you let me know if you think that will be a good solution?

photo

Perfect!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file