automatic backups

Jose G. shared this question 9 months ago
Answered

I'm manually updating wordpress however there is this statement: Before updating, please back up your database and files. For help with updates, visit the Updating WordPress documentation page. I want to do automatic updates and wordpress directs me to the automatic backup plugins on the plugin brower. I go there and I see nothing related to backups. Where do I need to go to automatically update my data?

Comments (1)

photo

Are you wanting to update your WordPress to reflect the changes on the IO software?

photo

the statement on wordpress is requesting I back up my dbase and files. I've never done that bf so I want to do whatever the statement is telling me to do. I assume I'm backing up my data on the website in case it's lost.

photo

We have backups for your site run daily, and they are kept for 7 days. I also ran these updates for you, including the WordPress update.

photo

I didn't know IO kept site backups.

I've use UpDraft to back up my site regularly, send to my Google Drive. I use it before major updates.

photo

We do keep backups that last 7 days. Using UpDraft to backup to an external Google Drive may allow you to retain backups for much longer.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file