Creating a field for customer Type

Daniel F. shared this question 9 months ago
Answered

Is there a way to add a field to our Quote Page that is something like "customer type"

We are looking to split up our crm by Residential - Business - School - Town/Public

Comments (1)

photo

you can use this template variable *customertype*

i would caution you on this IMO

you may not want your clients picking their type

in the future if you charge different prices for schools let say and a client pics school they might get the deal that shouldnt etc

also we set our client type on the backend so we can make sure its correct for future marketing etc

just my 2 cents worth

photo

I appreciate I appreciate the feedback! We never change prices based on the customer. Simply want to be able to send different marketing to different customers. And we really don't want to always have to set it on the back end.

Thank you!

photo

Hi Dan,

We just need to turn on the customer type in the Settings-->Optional Fields, then enable the code on your checkout page. Would you like me to do this for you?

Thanks!

photo

Good morning Gabrielle, yes please! And are you able to place the customer type field under neath the Organization Field on the checkout page, and leave it as optional - not required.

Thank you!

photo

Customer type has been enabled and added to checkout page under the organization.

photo

Great! Looks good, can you confirm it's not *required* on the UI?

And are you able to make it not required on employee side as well? Right now it won't let me save a lead I'm creating without selecting a customer type.

Thank you!

photo

It's not required on the checkout I just tested and it did not force me to select an option. Unfortunately if you have the customer type enabled there is no way to not make it required when building the lead from the backend.

photo

Ok - good to know! Thank you and that'll work for us then.

photo

You're very welcome!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file