Contract not signed but says "Complete"

Casey Z. shared this problem 9 months ago
Solved

When a contract has been signed, then we make a change and generate a new contract, we send it to the customer to sign. It is confusing them, though because it says "Complete". The example here is from lead 17684891

f0a8319e17bbf38f0361d05b8b982dd8

f1583bbb22ec20f66dc5c191ba97f9ed

Comments (2)

photo

Now I made it worse. I tried signing it to see if that worked. It did, but now I can't clear that signature. I deleted that contract, but it is still showing my signature, with my name as X

448bdbef21102e858a6ef6ba6b2919e5

photo

Yeah I just tested this on a test lead and I actually had to clear the contract received date from the first signed contract for the "complete" to be removed from the "new" contract. I am going to test this out on my account too and see what results I get as well and put a ticket in for this...I've never noticed this before

photo

I noticed that too. I cleared the date, but I was still stuck with the signature in the screenshot above. This morning I was able to switch it to a new contract. Maybe it was just a temporary glitch.

photo

I have a ticket in...I will keep you posted. I would say either when you create a new contract it clears the date...or when you create a new contract it automatically DOESN'T show completed even if it doesn't clear the date? Either way showing completed has to confused customers??

photo

Ok, this is how it's always been, to fix we have to clear the sign/received contract date :/

photo

Susan - I just edited a lead and chose the option to create a new contract. It cleared the date automatically, and the contract says "Not Complete". Did someone change how this works, or is it doing something different each time? If they did make the change, it's great. This is how it should work.

c3d2be58654b19dd32e1b2891ae9ef16

photo

This was already signed again by time I was able to take a look...can you let us know when this happens again?

photo

This is another one that I regenerated the contract yesterday. It says right there in the log that the book date was cleared. Again, just so we're clear, this is the way it should work. There is no problem with this lead, or the one I shared yesterday. The one that started this thread was the problem.

photo

Yes, the "book date" is the contract signed date...so looks like this is working as it should.

photo

Okay, I see what happened with the original lead. When lead 17684891 was edited, the question "Would you like to regenerate the contract" (or whatever it says) was ignored. Then the salesperson went to the contract section in the lead and clicked this button to make the new contract active. That action does not clear the contract received date. Is that intentional, or is that an oversight? I think we want the contract received date cleared, just like if we had regenerated the contract the other way.

42b0b91d9d2638392af4867c2ecb013d

photo

If you create a new contract it will not clear the contract received date...you have to manually do this.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file