Credit Card Surcharge

Matthew S. shared this question 10 months ago
Answered

We process our credit cards sales manually. How do you add the Credit Card Surcharge calculation/notification so the client is aware of this additional expense?

From what I've read the function seems to work when a customer chooses "credit card" as a payment option when IO processes through a third party.

What about those of us who process credit cards manually and still want to notify the customer?

Comments (9)

photo

How are you processing these payments manually? Phone, Email, etc? If you are receiving permission via email, you could set up an email template to send and advise of the surcharge. If over the phone, you could advise verbally.

photo

Customer usually phones us with their credit card number. Is it possible to let them know when they sign the contract and tell us what method of payment they are using?

photo

Are you wanting a message advising "___% Credit Card Surcharge will be applied with your payment" or something like this? We can add this to the contract page if that is what you are referring to.

photo

Yes, that might work.

photo

Can you add "Credit Card" option to payment method below ... even though we process manually?

If yes, can it function the same as online automatic processing where the calculates/notifies the customer?

aaf2e02f89a16deecf9aff78757fd4f0

photo

We would not be able to do this. The credit button is added by using one of the integrated merchants.

If you are wanting the message added, can you please let me know what you want it to say?

photo
photo

How much is the % of the Credit Card Surcharge should be?

photo

That is up to you. Most users base the % off of the % or average of their credit card processor fees. The surcharge is usually used to cover the card processors fees.

photo

I'm not sure what's the processor's fees are, just starting the business.

photo

You'll need to find out what you are being charged for processing from your merchant. I would start there then figure what you need to set the surcharge as.

photo

Thanks for your help.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file