Email Quote

Jose G. shared this question 10 months ago
Answered

Hello,

I sent a quote to a client with IO. When I clicked on the link in my email, I get a that the link is an invalid link or your quote has expired. Why is this happening?

Comments (3)

photo

What is the lead # for this customer?

photo

16505503 Thank you

photo

You are sending a contract and not a quote, if you want to send a contract you will need to move the lead status to contract in order for the customer to see the contract.

photo

Ok, so I don’t understand. When I sent this, it was under the quote status. The automatic email even stated it they were good w the quote to click a link, sign and pay for the rental. I understood it would go into a contract status. So what’s the difference between sending a quote or contract then? Doesn’t a quote go into a contract if they click on the link and sign a contract?

photo

If the customer autobooks they will get their contract right away, for this customer you manually moved it from quote to hold then hold to quote then back from hold to quote. You then sent the customer a contract manually when the lead was still only in the quote status in this status the customer cannot see the contract because it's only a quote still at this point, if you would have sent them a quote they would have been able to autobook and get their contract at that time.

photo
photo

Ok so you’ll have to dumb it down for me bc this is basically my first customer and someone who came to my front door bc they saw the inflatables in my front yard. At this point what do I need to do to have him see a quote? What do I need to do in the future to send quotes? And when I send a quote, what do they see exactly? Do they click on something to have it turn into a contract or is it better just to have the client in “contracted” status and email a contract? Thanks for your help.

photo

Since you entered this on your end and not the customer end you would have needed to manually send this customer a quote from the email instead of the contract, or if they wanted a contract immediately you would have need to manually change the lead status to Contracted and manually send the contract to the customer to sign and pay.

photo

So that’s what I thought I did. I filled out the fields under the quote status and pressed email. I saw the email in my sent box. So if I manually change the current record to contrasted and resend, I should be good or is it best to just start over bc I’m lost in the sauce. In the future, would it be better to just creat a “quote” under the contracted status and send email from there? In the attached picture, is this the right button to press to send a contract?

photo

Please see screenshot, you need to move this to a contracted status if your sending the contract. If you want to send the quote this is where you would go.

photo

Jen, so once I move to contracted do I resend the email? Under the template pulldown menu, do I select Customer - Contract?

photo

Yes that is correct.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file