Weekend Rentals

f f. shared this question 16 months ago
Awaiting Reply

Hello,

For my business model, I intend to deliver units on Fridays and pick them up on Mondays. Currently, I have the website showing us as "closed" every day except Saturdays. Throughout my website, I have instructions to set the event date as a Saturday, no matter the actual date of the event. I did a test, asked my wife to try and make a booking, and instantly had problems.

I had to remove the "book now" feature from the home page to direct customers to go to our inventory page because the "book now" feature was bypassing the instructions. Once on the inventory page, customers are again able to bypass the instructions by clicking the orange cart at the bottom of the pictures depicting the water slides, bounce houses, etc. I cannot figure out how to remove the little cart. I added instructions to the bottom of the inventory page but I don't want the customer to miss it. Furthermore, I don't want the checkout process to be difficult and I wonder if there is some sort of default for this in IO I am missing. A few solutions I can think of are as follows,

A pop of instructions once a customer clicks on inventory. (I do not know how to implement)

Changed to "open" on Sundays (the problem I have with this is if a unit is rented on a Sat I cannot double book it for that Sun)

I'm open to any ideas or instructions on how to implement the above or better solutions to my problem I have not thought of.

I realize many bounce house businesses do not support the all-weekend business model, but it is what works for me and my family. Our business is competitively priced, licensed, and insured. We do not want to be a money-grabbing $50 rental Facebook business, so here we are.

Thank you in advance.

Comments (2)

photo

First, you can edit the checkout pages to display your instructions at settings>pages/templates>quote request (single step checkout) or wp checkout(multi step checkout).

Second, if you want to open Sunday but still only show availability for the weekend so they can choose either date, then go through inventory and change the recovery time to 48hours or something like that.

If you really want a pop-up, search "elementor pop-up" in Google for tons of instructions. Shoot me an email and we can talk options one on one. I operate this way, but differently. burkholder.chad1@gmail.com

Oh, there's also a way to add a message in the pop out cart too to offer instructions

photo

Thank you, sending an email now.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file