enter serial numbers for multiple duplicate items

Ryan F. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

How can I enter additional serial numbers for items that I have multiples of. We have 7 or 8 items that we have multiples of and I need to enter multiple serial numbers for inspections etc.

Comments (2)

photo

While on the inventory item go to the "advanced" section....there's a spot to enter serial number here

photo

Yes, there is, but I need to enter multiple serial numbers as there are multiple items. is there a way for that? For example I have 5 medium castles, but the system only let's me enter 1 serial number? they all have different serial numbers

photo

You would have to list each item separately and then each with it's own serial number :/

photo

Thank you. Is there a way to do that without all of the items showing up individually on the quote page?

photo

If you name the items the exact same thing it should only show once because they are "cousins" --is this not working?

photo

ok, when I have duplicate items I just go into the first item and change the quantity. Should I create a new item and call it the same thing? Will the system automatically recognize it is the same and assign them cousins and not duplicate them on the website?

photo

Yes, just keep calling it the same thing with different serial numbers and the system will recognize it's the same item

photo

Awesome ty

photo

The cousins are showing up separately for sales, is there a way to have them be combined or not?

photo

If you have items listed separately they will show separately for sales...no way to combine

photo

will they show separately on the word press site doing it this way?

photo

"cousins" with the same name will show once on site

photo

How do I make an item a cousin? just create new item with same name? is that it?

photo

yes

photo

Ok, I did this. It did not create duplicates on the website, but it is showing duplicates inside of IO on the lead screen under inventory instead of showing multiple quantity. Also on the website it is not showing an accurate quantity with the duplicate cousins in mind. For example I have two 35 and 30 foot's each, set up as single cousins but on the website when they try to add it the cart it says only one available when it should say 2. What is going on here?

photo

What is the name of the item?

photo

here are all of the items i just made cousins that are not showing the correct quantity available on the website:

Obstacles: 30, 35, Radical Rock Climbing slide

Combos: 4 in 1 medium, 4 in 1 large, 5 in 1

Bounce houses: medium castle, large castle, disney princess, medium dazzle

photo

so Ryan, you want bounce house to jsut be what you rent and then inside of that pick from the accessories med castle, large castle, disney etc???? is that what you are saying?

photo

no, not at all.

photo

each of those are separate items that have multiple inventory. For example I have 6 medium castles and 2 Disney Princess Bounce Houses for a total of 8 units. The website is showing I only have 1 of each for a total of 2.

photo

ohhh ok i gotcha..

we have multiple of each also but we call them castle 1 castle 2 etc and list them as separate units for tracking purposes ... why would you not want to list them as separate units? just asking im guessing to cut down on inventory counts?

photo

they are listed as separate units on the back end inside of IO. Each as an individual cousin. I do not want our website to show 6 or 7 of the same identical item on a page, it is to cluttered. However we have lots of multiples and this is causing major problems for booking today as we are confusing our customers and ourselves on actual availability. I would like IO to help me with this asap. thanks

photo

Here is an example in this screenshot. I have these items in my cart and it is showing I only have one available. However, none of these items are rented out on this date and I have multiples for all of them.

photo

I am not still seeing the duplicates on the site...is this still an issue? I think I will have to let a developer know that the cousins don't show correctly in the cart...we need a way that the cart combines the total # available.

photo

yes susan that seems to be the issue.. i tested it and the cousin count does not add up and increase the Main item count

photo

Yes it is still a Major issue

photo

I changed the setting so that the cart does not show availability, because we almost lost some customers yesterday when the cart showed them the items they wanted were not available when in fact we had plenty available. The cart is still showing only 1 quantity for all of the items listed before even though I went and created duplicate cousins for them so the quantity should be showing multiples but it is not. Maybe I don't understand how cousins is supposed to work. I thought it was supposed to avoid multiples displaying on the website of the same item, but allow people to still book the multiples on the website. In the back end of IO on the lead they are all showing as completely separate units instead of the actual quantity. Is that how this is supposed to behave as well. Currently we have about a 1/4 or more of inventory that is showing unavailable and this is causing a major issue for those visiting our site trying to book.

photo

If I am not being clear, I'd rather hop on a phone call to explain the issue so we can figure this out asap. thanks

photo

I mean, is the multiples showing on the page still an issue? I have a ticket in for the cart issue. I was looking through and couldn't find any of the items above listed still showing multiple on an inventory page

photo

No, they were never showing multiples on the website. I had them set up as one inventory item with the multiples listed in the quantity box under that inventory item. I changed this and created copies of the items with multiples and turned them into cousins so that they could each have their own unique serial number and record. In a lead it shows them all separate as individual items which I can work with, but is annoying that it says an item is unavailable and you have to go find it's cousin and add it separately. The biggest, most urgent issue is that the shopping cart (which I turned off temporary) is not showing the quantity that includes all of the cousins, it is only showing the quantity of 1 item, therefore not letting anyone book online any of the cousin, multiples. Do I need to make the original item the quantity of the total of all the cousins and make the cousins quantity zero? thanks

photo

Give us a little time...I have an urgent ticket in about this and met with the web team manager about it.

photo

Can you test this now??

photo

yes! I just checked one and it is showing the correct quantity in the shopping cart! yea

photo

Well, you are the first that is really taking advantage of it this way so we didn't know this was an issue yet...so thanks :)

photo

Ok, they are all showing properly now, except for the obstacle course duplicates. The 30, 35 and the Rock Climbing slide and the combinations they make are not showing the multiples properly.

photo

just seeing if whatever was done on the other items could be done for the obstacles and slide that is still not showing properly? thanks

photo

just following up here, this is not completely resolved??

photo

I believe the issue is due to your obstacle course relationships. You have multiples pieces listed under one parent item.

If you have 2 obstacle course units that use the same item to build both units, you may want to set these up as required accessories rather than relationships. As 2 units cannot share the same piece in a relationship.

photo

Ok, I'm not sure I understand. How come it is the same problem on the individual pieces as well as the combined pieces?

photo

how do I do this? how do I set up an inventory item as an accessory and it still pulls it properly and makes the inventory version unavailable?

photo

I'd really like to fix this today

photo

Say I have a 605t obstacle with 2 pieces, a 35 ft and a 30ft. I go under accessories under the 65ft obstacle and add the 30 and 35ft. But say I have 2qty 30's and 2 qty 35's and therefore two 65ft obstacles to do this on. Is the 65' obstacle going to be smart enough to to pull either 30ft obstacle that's available? If not, say someone else rented one 30ft obstacle from the first 65ft and then another person rented a 35ft from the second 65ft set. Is going to know that there is still a 30' and a 35' to build a 65' or is going to say their is a piece missing from both 65's so therefore neither is available?

o if I set these up as a required accessorry.

photo

You would only be able to link one of the items with a serial number as an accessory or in a relationship.

Essentially you can only use one of the same named item in the build. The system will not know that the other item with the same name (different serial #)is available as it is not linked.

photo

ah, ok. I'll need to switch everything back then for obstacles

photo

Ok, I need help again. My obstacles with multiples are showing completely unavailable. I went back from having separate individual units with separate serials numbers on the multiples back to have multiple quantity of the same unit but they are showing all unavailable. This is the 30, 35 and Rock Climbing slide

photo

nevermind. got it. the cousins had zero quantity, had to remove them

photo
photo

Okay, thank you so much.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file