Sales Tax Not being pushed to Square

Emil A. shared this question 12 months ago
Answered

Inflatable office calculates the sales tax for my state. However it is pushing the total amount to square as gross sales. Is there a setting in merchant services to push the tax to square separately?

Comments (3)

photo

No settings within IO...I believe it needs to be set up in Square?

photo

I have struggled with recording taxes too. I have a excel spreadsheet to record sales tax along with my other weekly bookkeeping

photo

Are you trying to create a sales tax report to file with?

photo

Yes, but I need the sales tax separated by tax code: NOT zip code, city or tax rate, but the actual tax code.

photo

What is the tax code?

photo

I have several

photo

If I have a spot for you to save the "tax code" on any lead you save a payment on could you do this and then that way we can run a tax report on the software that would also show this info? Maybe have a dropdown on these leads with the taxcode option?

photo

The thing is, is that IO charges the correct rate already. My process of finding which tax code is: open my states tax app, enter the delivery address, determine the tax code, total all sales tax collected for that tax code for the quarter, then submit every quarter.

I'm wondering HOW IO already charges the correct tax rate according to the address & tax code, but I can't ( and other IO users in washington) can't find a way to filter by whatever method IO is using to collect the correct sales tax

photo

We use the venue address to calculate the tax. Normally on our tax reports we use the county or city. We can add the tax code for you....I was trying to find a way for it to apply automatically...which I may be able to do.

photo

That would certainly save a lot of bookkeeping time!

photo

I could do something like If county =XXX set Tax code to XXX Then we can build a tax report and be sure to have the tax codes included. Take me a little time but I think would work

photo

I don't think that would work, each county has at least 2 tax codes. Several cities and zip codes do too.

photo

It looks like Pierce County is one of these. We can probably even filter it out by the tax rate difference. I can show the difference between those two. If you give me a full list of the tax codes I can probably work with them.

photo

Let me know which Pierce is 8% and which one is 10%

photo

I do appreciate your help. If there is a way, that would be great.

Pierce County has 4 that I've delivered to so far

My most common in order

4100 8%

2700 9.4%

2727 10%

2717 10.3%

photo

Can you let me know what county each one is? So I can be sure they are matching up?

photo

OH sorry....these are ALL Pierce??

photo

Yes, these are the ones in Pierce that I have delivered to so far, there are more.

I think it's a lost cause. It's just weird that IO pulls the correct sales tax without intervention

photo

I just can't seem to get a report showing what IO already does

photo

Ok, we have updated it so that when you enter the address it will automatically pull the county and tax code. We did notice there's quite a few Pierce county leads that should have been entered as 4100 8% but since they didn't pull the county at the time they were entered as 7.9%?? You will probably notice these on the reports they have a blank county as well. Going forward went you enter the address if you click on the suggested address the system gives you it will automatically enter the county as well as enter the correct tax rate and the tax code will be entered for you as well...(see screenshot). On your tax report I have also added the tax code as well

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file