Optional Fields on the individual inventory item

Marisa L. shared this question 12 months ago
Answered

So i see where you can select to add optional fields to the quote page...but is there a way to select to place them on individual inventory items?

This is what im trying to achieve: https://www.poshparkatl.com/product-page/posh-in-the-park-1

I want to be able to add packages just like this and they select the options of the package details when adding the product to the cart and it apply for that specific item being booked vs on the quote page and no way to make it conditional/attached to just a particular item(s).

i hope this makes sense lol. I keep trying to read and understand the child items and add ons and i dont think i can achieve this but i feel an easier solution would be some type of way to select individual inventory items to attach the optional fields to instead of the quotes page as a catch all being the only option...unless im missing something.

Comments (3)

photo

this is turning it from asking a question to suggesting an idea...but if what i am asking can be achieved it would be an added bonus for the drop down options to be able to put [+#] or [-#] by an option it can make each individual item so that individual selection can add or subtract

i.e. if the drop down is "Theme" and you put in the field: Supply your own [-25], Bridal, Red Roses, Black and White, Custom [+50] ...then the Supply your own option takes off $25 from the item price and the custom option adds $50 if selected.

This is sort of how woocommerce works with wordpress and im more used to that. I'm trying to go from woocommerce to IO as im rebranding, but i feel like some stuff that should be super simple are overly complicated and IO might be more of a hassle just to get it set up how i want it, but i know your system would be great for the booking, delivery fee based on miles and the organization of everything.. The downside of woocommerce is that its simple POS and using a plugin for a booking system has always just missed the mark for me, but stuff like this was so easy with their attributes set up. IO office is the first rental system software im trying, mainly because i can try it free, and it has some pros....but stuff like this is a major con

photo

The item subtracting $ works if you just either have it set to a negative amount or have a fee add based on the rental item being selected

You can add select drop down options to your rentals... and probably your quote page... Not sure about carts because honestly that's not how my site uses the IO Quote page

I am like 90% sure I could do this

photo

do you have any type of generalized guidance on how i would achieve the drop downs on the inventory individual items page? I dont really see any way to edit templates for the inventory items to include the optional fields or any way on the backend to achieve it.

photo

I know how to add to inventory Item really easily -

Settings > Optional Fields > Add Optional Field then make it look vaguely like this

5e4f033996cc49e099ab2685d932fbf8

From there requires some coding that I can do some of but am not 100% sure we can do it entirely without support

photo

do you want to email me and we can setup a Zoom and I can show you what I know how to do and we can see if we can make it behave for you?

nickig@funflicks.com

photo

so would this be something i need to hire someone for? because if thats the case i might as well just stick to my current system with woocommerce because i dont need at every turn and update things break or i need to keep additional maintenance to run the website because i chose to custom code a feature thats actually pretty basic in online ecommerce. I really wanted to love IO......but i dont think it can be used for my needs

photo
photo

If you can't figure the code out to build the cart automatically, it is possible, if you're using Elementor for your site to build all of this manually, create a lead and put all that in the Event Note field. Then when you get it, you'd have to manually put it in the quote and send it. You'd get the look but loose the functionality of online quoting.

Admittedly, not the best option but an option none the less. This is kinda something i've been working on too. the code is kinda complicated (for a beginner like myself) to figure out.

photo

i feel like this is some basic ecommerce features that should surely be a standard for the IO system. Like if someone with IO sees this topic, im sure its easier said than done, but i feel like on the surface level on their end, it should be sort of "simple" to add these option fields when creating/editing inventory items by just generating an "Optional Fields" section where you just add any optional fields you created with the optional fields page to link with that item and show on the item's front end for customers to select on the item page vs for the order as a whole on the quote page.

I can right-click on a browser, inspect and figure out what i need to do to achieve certain things but other than basic html i cannot code just out of thin air. Im using an integrated site and if there was a way to edit templates for inventory pages i could *maybe* figure out a solution, but im so lost otherwise lol.

Im trying to automate as much as possible so having to manually survey customers after or prior to booking takes away from a more hands off booking process or too much inquiries from people not payment ready, or they feeling they have to do "too much" to book. im personally one of those people who doesnt want to DM to purchase/book or do a buncha back and forth to secure something. I like an all inclusive (or as much as possible), instant book thing. Like airbnb, i will only book if its instant book lol. i dont have to time wait around and see if i get approved, get declined and my back-up option get booked in the meantime lol.

photo

in the wordpress plugin in IO there is a shortcoder where the IO_rental code lives. edit that code to build out the individual inventory pages.

That said, in general there's a lot of JS and other types of code that go into building those that may get in the way. simple html won't fix anything. How optional fields live within the IO software is different than the dropdowns on those.

Now, I can help you get where a lot of those options will show on individual pages using "accessories" But the way it's currently set up is kinda ugly compared to the page you showed. but the function would be the same. The ones that won't work are the location (but that may be fixable), the desired date time and location address box. The site you showed isn't tracking availability only taking an order. there is no check to see if you have enough to build it. which complicates the ecommerce thing.

I don't know why IO hasn't answered.

photo
photo

No one from IO to chime in? Is this something the actual creators of the platform can help with or something you may plan on implementing fairly soon? Because i truly am surprised theres not already a way to do this with the optional fields just to generate details that pertain to specific inventory items and on the front end so with every booking we dont have to keep reaching out to confirm details. I want it all to be collected during the booking process but i dont need to survey for themes or games if they're renting just a bounce house or ask for balloon color choices if they arent getting a garland which is why the ability need to be able to collect at the individual product, not the quote page

photo

During this time of year this kind of customization is not possible for us. During our slow season feature requests are considered, and customization is possible with the purchase of developer hours.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file