Duplicate Customer Attributes

Nicki G. shared this question 18 months ago
Answered

Duplicate Customer Behavior -

Keep VS Overwrite

My understanding is both are referencing the original customer account.

IE Keep existing means info they put in the duplicate will not actually apply because we are keeping the existing customer profile info BUT Overwrite would change the original profile

What I do not want it Overwrite to create a new customer ID and deactivate or erase the old ID

Comments (8)

photo

Do you mean when you update customer info on a lead and it asks if you want to "Create a new customer XXX or update this existing record? updating will affect all leads associated with this customer

photo

No - Under General Preferences in settings, when a customer makes a second quote and I'm avoiding duplicate versions by it already identifying the duplicate

photo

If you have everything checked there wouldn't be anything to overwrite? Correct? Unfortunately, I would think it would create a new customer, if something doesn't match up?

photo

I don't check everything. Just email and Phone number

photo

In that case, if you choose overwrite, whatever you don't have checked and doesn't match will overwrite. If you choose keep existing and it doesn't match the original info will stay. The less you have checked the better I guess so you don't keep creating new customers....I guess you just need to decide which info you want to keep?? The original or the new?

photo

okay, but the Customer ID does not change correct?

photo

No, it wouldn't change

photo

perfect

d57feadb

Leave a Comment

Attach a file