Delivery Method Randomly Adding Email

Derrick M. shared this question 13 months ago
Answered

IO Community. Anyone having an issue where "email" keeps getting added as a delivery method? My only delivery method is drop-off. Always has been. Then randomly, earlier this week, a customer was trying to autobook from a quote she received and the delivery method was selected as drop-off (there was no other option). However, I received the email of auto-book attempted and this was the error message

• Delivery Method Prohibits Booking: Go to Settings->Delivery Methods

I contacted IO and they said I had email as a delivery method. We removed it and everything worked. Then tonight, someone attempted to book and got the error again. Sure enough, email was back in the delivery methods. I worked with Jen H from IO Support team. Trying to figure out why this is randomly getting added. No one else has my password to IO.

Comments (7)

photo

The solution is to remove the email method, but why is it getting added?

photo

What do you have your days of notice for auto booking set at

photo

It’s set to 2. I believe it’s something the developer may have to fix because when I delete it. It comes back almost immediately.

photo

I deleted it a few minutes ago. There’s no save and close button on that screen. So I navigate to a fake lead I have and trigger a save and close situation. To no avail.

photo
photo

Try this

Remove the email method

Log out of io

Clear your cache

Log back in and then create a fake lead and see what happened

photo

Gave it a try and got the same behavior from yesterday when I first opened the ticket with IO. Creating a new lead and attempting to autobook worked. However, the email delivery method is still present. At some point later today, the customers will not be able to autobook. Also note, from the customer side of the booking process there’s only an option for dropoff.

photo
photo

It’s working now, but because that email delivery method keeps auto adding, I have a feeling that it will stop working so I’ll keep testing this throughout the day to see “when” it reverts to preventing the booking.

photo

Try doing a lead from the customer side yourself and see what happens and then create one from the backend and see if it works from there correctly too

photo

Yes, it works from the backend. The workaround that I had yesterday was to put the customer in contracted mode to allow them to book. Doesn’t appear to be the case as of now. But I’ll keep trying.

photo
photo

I may be wrong in this but, I've had an email delivery methods for at least a year, maybe longer. With no issues. I assumed it was something needed on the developer end to send automated emails.

Does your e mail delivery method show on your site or on your lead creation page?

photo

I’ve never noticed it. It may be required. When I ran into the issue, Jen from support stated that was the reason. She deleted it, tested it and we thought all was good until another customer attempted to book later in the day for an event in April. Then the error appeared again. Given that the email delivery method keeps returning after deleting, it may be required. It’s just weird that randomly auto booking customers aren’t working at certain intervals.

photo

Also, to answer your question, email delivery does not show on the lead creation page or the site at any point.

photo
photo

these are the ones i have set up and they have never changed from when i set them up

e58311df1574fddf01812182562bc302

Leave a Comment

Attach a file