Reports - Showing Items Rented During a Period but excluding certain categories

isabelle A. shared this question 14 months ago
Answered

Hello

trying to build a report for items rented but i am having trouble with the filter that would exlude certain items like my workers. To do so, i thought of excluding categories with a filter but i can't make it work.

Here is my filter: https://rental.software/account/#/settings/filters/28811

Here is the report: https://rental.software/account/#/settings/reports/74259

thank you

Comments (2)

photo

Could you send screen shots? I'm pretty good at the filters but can't use the links to see your filter

photo

Thank you for your help.

You can see my filter below. If we take an exemple, my workers ''installateur(s) - démonteur(s)'' are items i do not want in the filter. It as 2 categrories ''main d'oeuvre'' and ''workforce'' .

Then, in my leads section, i ask for the leads for the next 10 days and chose report ''list of items rented'' and apply the filter below and the item ''installateur(s) - démonteur(s)'' are there.... why ?

photo

change the OR TO AND

that is what i had to do to get it to work see my filters below

i think the logic is reversed but that is how Tim said to make it work

photo

Yes, change to AND because you want to make sure the rentals do not meet any of those requirements

What you are actually telling the computer is :

I want to see it if the rental name does not contain X or if the rental name does not contain Y

So it would show you both X and Y because they are not mutually exclusive

but if you say:

I want to see the lead only if the rental name does not contain X and the rental name does not contain Y

it would show you rentals that do not contain either X or Y

photo

So simple ! thank you to both of you.

Also, do you know if i have to add every catagories of an item for it not to show ?

In the exemple i gave you, for the worker, i have the category in French and in English. If i only put the french, will it be excluded ?

photo

you will need to exclude it both ways

photo

also always post a screen shot because like nicki said, those of us not IO staff cant see your links when you post them on the account level

Glad we could help

photo
photo

Here is an exclude filter we use to exclude items from Additional Damage Waiver

It excludes some items individually and some categories totally

Leave a Comment

Attach a file