Town name not populating with zip code

Steve H. shared this problem 12 months ago
Solved

Regarding recent lead #13477233 (and many others) - Customer created the lead from our website and inputted zip code, however IO did not populate the town name - here is the link to the lead...

https://rental.software/account/#/leads/13477233/lead

Comments (7)

photo

when using the front end (website side) inputting the zip does not autopopulate like when using the backend (admin side)

I have asked they the frontend auto populate like the backend also

it would be a HUGE help....

the technology is there its just IO having the time to get it built into the software.. I think in time it will come but this would be a great sooner than later project IMO.

photo

This happens sometimes too in the old software...when you look in the new the full address is there

photo

wait.. Susan are you saying when a client enters the infomation on the website the addresses are auto populating? Because mine doesnt auto populate except on the backend...

do i have to change something to make this work?

photo

In this case it did on the new software. Send us examples and we can take a look

photo

On all new quotes that came in direct from our website, the town name did not populate. Full addresses were not there either, however, i have no idea if the customer put in an address. But the zip is required. In the legacy version, this was never an issue.

photo

there is no example

go to my website therentalparty.com and do a quote

IO does not autofill for the client as they type in their address and zip on the front end like it does on teh back end

What i mean is example of grubhub you start putting in an address and it populates a drop down for the customer to pick from

that is what i mean like this

7d483fb0edf76a599f68e26b3faf7588

photo

No, the quote page doesn't do that. People have to fill out their whole address. Steve was talking about something else! He was talking about the check box for event and customer address being the same.

photo

oh well i totally misunderstood that..

i thought he was talking about like when we enter the zip in IO it autofills the city, state, and county on the backend and he was asking if it did the same on the front end.. my bad Susan

photo

No worries! But even I wish it would do what you posted above...you know how many test quote pages we fill out a day? LOL

photo

LOL well at least you can use your browser autofill :)

photo
photo

I was talking about the town does not populate in IO when a customer puts in the zip on the front end (I think Greg read it correctly). In legacy version, the town would always populate. Seems like a quick fix…

Sent from my iPhone

photo

thats what i thought you mean Steve... id LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE to have the drop down auto complete like my grubhub example above then out clients wont give us bad info most of the time :)

photo
photo

Hello –

Regarding this issue, please see the most recent lead that came in to me (Lead # 13563089) https://rental.software/account/#/leads/13563089/venue  that clearly illustrates this bug.  Look into the Venue section and you will see the customer, when creating their quote on the website, inputted their zip code, and the Town Name does not populate.  Previously, in legacy IO, the town name would populate when a zip has been inputted.

Please let me know how this gets resolved or if you have any further questions regarding this issue.

Thank you,

Steve

THE LARGEST OUTDOOR MOVIE COMPANY IN THE U.S.

e rhonda@funflicks.com | e steve@funflicks.com

funflicks.com

MA 508.809.3169 | MA 978.377.8367

RI  401.383.9277 | NH 603.499.7117

photo

when i do a quote online from our website leaving the venue city out gives us an error message

have you tested it from the website as your client would be doing?

fd4fab1bbb0a8b0a34d54c7f94bf553f

photo
photo

I have developers looking further into this will advise when we have an update.

Thanks!

photo

i think you misunderstood his question

he is talking about when the client does it from the frontend (website) side it doesnt autopopulate

(Look into the Venue section and you will see the customer, when creating their quote on the website, inputted their zip code, and the Town Name does not populate.)

photo
photo

Greg you are correct. I don’t know if I could have been more clear and I’m not sure why this bug is so confusing 

Sent from my iPhone

photo

i will have to say to be honest, i dont remember IO ever auto filling from the website client entry.. I could be wrong but i just cant remember that feature ..

that being said, that is why when you posted that it made me think that now would be a good time to start working in the stuff i posted before into a feature to solve all the bad addresses clients put in LOL

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file