Gift Card Email

Richard J. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

When adding a Gift Card to a customer's profile, the help pages say the automatic email template is sent to the customer "after purchasing".

Does adding the gift card to a customer's profile manually still trigger the email?

I added one to my own profile but never received the email advising I had credit

1 Comment

Comment

Comments (1)

photo

If a gift card is produced you would send out the email manually

photo

Ok. Thanks.

When we do that, the template in the email centre shows the balance using the variable but once it's actually emailed, it doesn't show (to the recipient)

See attached screenshots. The one showing the variable is in the customer profile before sending it. The one where it is blank is from the actual email received.

The variable appears in multiple other locations as you can see? Subject, header etc

photo

When you pull up the email it should show the amount in template...if not that means something is wrong in the template. Sorry the screenshot didn't come through. If you let me know which one isn't working I can take a look

photo

See attached screenshots.

The balance is an overlay on top of the image and the code (I believe) is the same as the one in the default image/template

photo

So this IS working?

photo

No. It's only working when displayed in the email centre before sending.

It DOES NOT work when the customer receives it

photo

It will work...You just have to test it out from a lead that has a gift card on it w/ a balance

photo

I did. Look at the first screenshot.

The variables in all other areas of the email, work.

The variable DOES NOT show on top of the gift card

photo

What lead is it being sent from?

photo

It's being sent from my customer profile Richard Just

photo

You need to send from a lead

photo

The document clearly says you can send it from a customer profile.

And I can't see how that would change it not showing up.

What if the customer doesn't have a lead yet? What if we're applying a gift card after the customer cancelled a booking? There would be no lead

photo

Actually, I've never tried from the customer profile yet...but I just did from yours and sent to myself and it worked. I don't know if you've updated the template since you've sent these out but it's working now

photo

I'm actually talking about the part circled here. The variable is input over the top of the images (just like your default template) but it's coming through blank

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file