Customer Type-Pull Down Selection on Quote Form

David I. shared this question 14 months ago
Answered

We want the customer to be able to select their Customer Type (which needs to be reworded to read "Event Type"). I don't see an option on our quote page for customers to select whether their event is Residential or Non-Residential. This is very important as it notifies our team on whether or not we have to call for State Inspections.

I only see the Customer [Event] Type pull down menu on the backend. We also want this field to be mandatory in order to submit for a quote. There shouldn't be any default answer but the customer needs to manually select either Residential or Non-Residential.

Please advise how we set this up.

See attached screenshots.

Comments (2)

photo

create an optional field

be sure to pick the field type of SELECT so you can add the wordking

080597f4ef215e08ce54625d63ce3587

1a27fc8d094e25ce1f3daf037e01f562

then it will show up on your wp check out form

0e461fbecb1aaabf6d42825ac65e87db

photo

You would add this drop down to the quote page simply by adding the variable *customertype_field* and then label it Event Type. I can help with this if you let me know where you would want it.

photo

Can I get help with this also please

photo

Scroll up and look at the images I posted it'll show you how to do it

photo

Darnell, add the variable *customertype_field* to your quote page And label it how you'd like. You can edit the options the customer sees by going to Settings-->Customer type

photo

Could you insert, "Event Type" on the right hand of our quote page as the first question, above Event Date. We want the client to have to physically select between Residential or Non-Residential. We do not want to have a default answer pre selected so the field would have the word, "Select" as a place holder similar to our Surface question.

photo

Lastly, we want answering this question as a requirement in order to submit an online rental quote.

photo

When you put the variable on the quote page make it *customertype_field_required* and the customer will have to answer it

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file