This object is in archive! 

A few IO Phone questions - Functionality?

Lora C. shared this question 2 years ago
Need Answer

I wouldn't mind if our staff could dial-out from IO Phone, but we have no intention of using our IO phone number as it's intended to be used. Unfortunately, the IO phone number shows up on Caller ID. To remedy this, I am wondering if

a) Can we just set up our IO number to automatically forward to our exisiting business line? I tried to accomplish this by setting up a worker named OMG MAIN LINE and assigning that number to that worker. When you call our IO phone number though, it just rings indefinitely

b)Can we mask our outgoing calls to show our existing business number without porting it into IO Phone?

Basically, I'd love if staff could dial right out from IO as needed...but don't want to show our IO phone number because there's no way to route those return calls properly to our biz line (ringcentral)

Comments (5)

photo

I believe to do what you want you would have to port over your business number...that way it shows you are calling out and receiving calls from that number--that's the only way for this number to show on caller ID

photo

You skipped my first question. I'd like to automatically forward all incoming calls to our IO line to our main business number, 330-745-4545. How do I do that?

photo

To further elaborate, the ring schedule and destination are all set-up. However, it just rings when you dial the #. I assume there's some kind of call screening set up in which case we must answer the call and enter 1 or some other # to accept it. I want that off, so it's literally just a forward and the customer calling our IO number can hear the prompts, or leave a voicemail on the number it rings to.

photo

So would you port the line over?? IO phone would be able to "forward" calls without porting it over

photo

No, I'm not porting the nunber over.

Your system already forwards calls to whatever number we choose via ring schedule.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file