category accessory options and cleaning up look on site

Ryan F. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

with dozens of banner options and about 5 different base inflatables that can take the same banners, my website looks like a mess when someone is searching through trying to find something. Is there a better way to display products for themed/banner units? Is there an option that just shows the base unit and when they click on that it shows them THAT base unit with accessory options?

Comments (2)

photo

When I look at items like "Large Castle" --Under the accessories you have checked "List these Accessories to the customer as if they are separate Rental Units" If you uncheck this it will just list the main rental item with the banners listed as accessories for the customer to choose

photo

Thank you. I see that option. However, you can not tell that there are additional themed options unless you click on that item. Is there a better way to show the customer that if they click they can see all of the options? Also, when I changed the large castle to list accessories as drop down it doubles the price, but it doesn't do this on the medium castle? is there something I can change? thanks

photo

This is it for showing accessories--but if you have an idea on how to show customers ahead of time let us know and I can run it by the developers. Most of our customers change the name of the item to have "w/ optional banner" or put it in the description that they get to add a banner. For the pricing issue it's because your "accessories" have a price and it's adding the two together. You would need to either zero out the accessory prices or in the accessory settings on the item check the "override price" box.

photo

thank you. on the pricing, I charge a little more to add a theme. Each banner has a price of $10 to 20 but it is not adding that price, it is actually doubling the price of the inflatable. How can I get it to just add the price of the banner/accessory? is that possible.

photo

also, what exactly does the "link quantity" check box do?

photo

when I select "override" price it is still showing double the price.

photo

Then you will need to go to your banners and be sure the price is correct now--Change them to $10-20 and DON'T override the price...so when you add to cart it adds just the $10-20 for the banner to the rental price. Link quantity is when let's say you order 10 tables and put in the cart and add the accessory-table cloths-It also put 10 of the accessory in the cart.

photo

ok thank you. I have the pricing set for $10-20 but it is still showing double the price when added to the cart. Am I missing something still?

photo

Let me take a look--which item and banner are you testing out?

photo

Any if them, take the Christmas one as a test with medium castle

photo

I see...it's working correct now on the lead--but not the cart. I have a ticket in

photo

Thank you

photo

any update on the ticket or will I be updated here?

photo

I see a developer is working on it as we speak...And I will let you know as soon as they give me an update!

photo
photo

Yes

Leave a Comment

Attach a file