Products disappear from website

Bryon H. shared this problem 14 months ago
Awaiting Reply

When we edit an item on the backend it removes the item from the webpage completely or even the menu. Even if the edit is just a description edit of the item. Sometime this happens when we do not edit anything. This is very frustrating and I feel like we constantly have to make sure nothing is broken. Why does this happen? We do a WordPress sync and this fixes the menu issue but we have to go back in and reselect the missing product on the elementor side

Comments (16)

photo

wordpress sync runs in the background anyway ever so often to catch any changes we make during the course of the day...

when you say it removes it.. how quick from the edit to when you find it missing.. is it seconds minutes or does it happen on the sync and then you have to sync a second time to get it back?

photo

It happens right after. the only time sync helps is to fix the missing category product. I have to manual go to WordPress and add the item back in

photo

i have noticed that when make a change to a product it happens to but then comes back usually with the next sync

so IO will have to chime in for the 100% answer but it seems that when you make an edit, it syncs and removes it and then when the edit is done it syncs the next time and puts in the new info.. and i feel the reason behind this is since you site is basically a shopping cart, if you was editing the item at the same time a client is booking that item the database and order would become corrupt and would create a huge issue on the orders.

I might be wrong but that is why i think it happens..

photo

Are you keeping your IO plugin, and everything else, up to date?

photo

yes

photo
photo

Anything with this?

photo

i just made several picture additions to my inventory items and on everyone of them the current pictures dissapeared then came back within 5 mins along with the new ones.. its just the system refreshing the images in the synce process it seems..

mine all came back on their own

photo

Are you doing the updates through the software and then the updates aren't happening through wordpress? Have you tried going to Settings-->Wordpress and doing the "force sync"?

photo

Yes we edit through software....do a sync ....wait and it removes the item

photo
photo

Let us know any items this is currently happening on and we can take a look.

photo

I am working on my packages I made edits to my snow cone and cotton candy machines and now they are missing from the concession page. I have syncd and purged the page but still gone

photo
photo

I have a developer taking a look.

photo

The has been fixed! Please let us know if you continue to have issues.

Thanks!

photo

I have a ticket in for this. Its fine on the computer, but its the same for me when I check my phone as it is for you.

photo

This seems to have corrected itself, the developer couldn't replicate this, I did recheck my phone and it was still showing up but when I refreshed it, it was back to normal?

photo

not on my side, it still looks funky

photo

Did you refresh your browser on your phone? This is the view from my phone,

photo

yes last night i just switched it back to the verizon i had before i edited it.

photo
photo

I am using a Samsung Galaxy and using a google chrome browser, I had another support person check using their Iphone and they were using a Safari browser and it's fine? It may be just an issue with your phone, we can't reproduce this, Developers were also not able to reproduce this, so this doesn't appear to be an issue with IO.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file