Links are being shortened and look spammy

Ayden H. shared this problem 2 years ago
Solved

See the attached. This link has always, until recently, displayed our website URL. We noticed this is occurring on another account too, so it's not isolated to this account. How do we ensure the actual link is being displayed as entered into the email templates? Looks very spammy and customers are not willing to click.

See pic

Comments (5)

photo

Here's what it looks like in my email center...

photo

Anything? This has been an issue for 3+ days..

photo

Hello?

photo

Sorry we missed this! we didn't get the notification on this one for some reason.

I have fixed this for you. Sorry for the trouble! for these links just adding io="keep" to the a tag will solve it. let me know if you have others that need fixed.

photo

This is partially my fault. We didn't get the original notification that there was a new question, but yesterday I put the follow-up notifications on my todo list for the day and had a family emergency. This is not typical of our Help center response time so I apologize for the delay.

photo

Can you show me an example of where keep should be added? In the a href tag? We have many emails in several accounts that include many urls we don't want shortened.

photo

It goes inside of the <a> tag along with the href attribute as it's own attribute.

ex: <a io="keep" href="thebomb.com">InflatableOffice is</a>

photo

I don't see that it's been changed at all...I don't want to go making these changes without seeing a live example. I just went through all of my emails and don't see that any code has been edited. What am I missing?

Can you just turn off link shortening for all of our EMAILS? We have 2 other accounts as well with a total of 50+emails and don't want to spend all day manually editing HTML

See attached

photo

I believe some updates we did resolved this for you. Thanks!

photo
photo

Ironically, some of the shortened links are actually longer than the original 😁

Leave a Comment

Attach a file