Email to lead based on order status

Tony C. shared this question 14 months ago
Answered

I have successfully added the quote # to the email subject line.

When I send the email to the lead I would like the subject line and text of the email to represent the status of the order.

If it is a quote then the subject would be "Quote Number" from Company Name

If it is a contract then the subject would be "Contract Number" from Company name

The wording in the emails would be different as well. Such as in a quote,

"Items are not held until payment is made"

In the Email Center there are different email entries for Quotes and Contracts and such however, when I email the Lead it seems to only be using the Contract and ignoring the preferred Quote Email option

Comments (8)

photo

Are you sending these manually, or do they send automatically? If it's manual, you could do this easily by simply selecting the correct template from the dropdown.

One important detail we have in every subject line is the exact day and date. You may want to consider "Your event on Fri, Jul 14, 2023". I don't think the customer will care about the status or contract number, but they will care if you have them booked for the wrong day.

photo

Just create 2 emails one for quotes and one for contracts

then when you do the emails sort your leads out for date period and quoted status and use the quoted email

then do the same for contracted and use the filter and send based on the date period and use the contract email

You could create a filter and automation for each and let the software do the work for you.

photo

Thank you for the feedback.

I am sending the email manually once the quote is created. We have the CRM enabled so we can manage the communications.

I just "assumed" that the software would know the order status and send an email related to that status.

In the Email Center it has "Customer Contract" "Customer Quote" "Customer Invoice" etc. I do not see a place to select any of those.

If I alter the information in the "Customer Contract" that is what is sent every time.

I would like the subject line to say "Here is your quote" or "here is your order" based on the status of the lead. I would prefer this to happen automatically if possible.

Thanks!

photo

it does know the status to send auto emails but when you are manually doing it you have to set your filter..

the auto emails trigger when a payment is made, an order has a contract signed, moved to contract status to send out the contract etc...

when you do manual you override the triggers built into those in the email center..

You can still use them in your manual send if you dotn want to redo your emails, but you have to filter out what you want to send when you go manual

photo
photo

Tony, where are you sending the email from? I'm having trouble connecting the dots between your questions and Greg's answers. Can you share some screenshots or a quick video?

Greg, do you know more about where she's sending from? I'm picturing her being in a lead, hitting the email button, and selecting the correct template from the drop down. But that doesn't make sense with the filtering process you're suggesting.

photo

my filtering was meaing if they was doing them in bulk how to sort out those and do it manually for all the quotes contracts etc.

if they are doing each order manually 1 at a time then there would be no filtering needed they just need to change the wordeing in there emails or IMO create new ones so the others cna send as needed automatically

photo
photo

Casey, now im lost where did angela come into the picture i only see Tony i dont see an angela comment hahahah

photo

Haha, I don't know where I got that! I looked at the names at the ends of the comments and one of them said "Angela G". I have no idea why!

photo

Angela G! It was in the email, and it was here on the support page too!

photo

i thought i was still coming off of our valentines day superbowl in floral deliveries we had..

our guys put out 500 deliveries on Tuesday alone..

photo

Wow! Do you use IO routing for that?

photo
photo

If i was doing this .. i would

create my own emails worded how ever they want them

then make them manual and use them like that as needed.

on the other side all emails created now are manual and if you want them to auto send you have to do a filter and automation.. you cant create an auto email anymore like in old IO

9dedfe2ad990282fd2a73a930dddee0b

photo

That's what I would to too.

photo
photo

Thank you guys,

I could not get the dropdown "templates" to function thus I was never allowed to select which template. For some reason it is now working.

I am not live yet but trying to figure all this out. Are the automatic emails preset and ready to go or is that something I need to setup as well?

Thanks again!

Tony

PS. I think initially Angela was logged in on my computer, it was all me....

photo

YES the preset are ready to go based on what your status level tells it to do

automations and filters will do other things for you with regards to follow ups, sms, and so much more you will love them once you get going

Leave a Comment

Attach a file