Filter question

Skylar P. shared this question 19 months ago
Answered

I am trying to create a filter that will be used in an automation to alert us if a lead is modified (date/address/items/cancelled) after the packing list has been printed.

We have an optional field on our leads titled "Packing List Printed" this optional field is check marked after we print the packlists for the weeks deliveries to make sure they were all printed via another automation.

I can't figure out a way to have the filter pull a lead that was modified after we have already printed the packlist and check marked our optional field "packing list printed"

For example Packing listed printed and check marked on 2/6/23, if the lead was modified to include 10 more chairs on 2/8/23 I would like an automation email telling us to reprint the packing list.

Is this possible with a filter and automation?

Comments (6)

photo

This might already exist. Go to Settings>Alerts Center. There is an alert called Documents Printed. Activate that and see if it does what you want it to do.

photo

Can someone from support confirm what this alert is supposed to do?

photo
photo

Does this check mark get checked automatically or does that require manual checking by your staff as they print?

photo

Casey, tried that not sure what the purpose of that function is as I didn't see that it did anything when testing.

photo

Yeah I tested it too. Nothing happened.

photo
photo

Greg

Yes it is clicked manually along with a handful of other optional fields that help us keep track of routing/logistical tasks that need to be done prior to deliveries.

photo

I have a couple ideas that would probably work for what you're wanting to do you could do one of two things in my opinion one would be create a task when you need to reprint and therefore it would be in your task list on your dashboard

The other idea would be at a tag to the lead call the tag reprint or whatever you want to call it and then when you reprint it remove the tag then you could filter out all of the ones that had reprint as a tag

There's also a creation date on the tag as a field in filter that might help you also

photo

My 2 cents: (Not Perfect but close maybe)

First, your packing list print optional field needs to be a date not a checkbox. Then you'll need to create 2 filters. One capturing leads who have a packing list print date within in the last x hour (i.e. packing list printed last 96 hours). The other should be one that captures leads who have been modified with in a time frame (i.e lead modified last 94hours. you could even add in modifiers for specific changes MAYBE). It's important the second one is less than the first otherwise you may capture the printing of the packing list (i'm not 100%)

Second, create the automation. Include anything in the first filter, Add. Include anything in the second filter, Add.

Third add the action. Send email to company, sales rep, both. In the email use variables to read something like.

"Lead *leadid* has changed since you printed the packing list. You may check:

Event Date

Items

Address

Status

refer to Log to see what has changed. View Lead (then highlight "view lead" and link it to the lead url)

photo

I guess you could create one filter too:

Lead status equals confirmed (this should be in your other 2 if you choose to go that way)

and Packing List date is last 96 hours

and Lead Modify Date is last 94 hrs

Should get you the same results or similar.

photo

Thanks for the ideas guys. Chad I think that'll work! Do you guys know of a variable that represents modifications to rental items only? I just realised that some of my other optional fields (rentals delivered, rentals returned) might trigger this filter/automation in error.

photo

I don't believe there is one.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file