Web site not ''open'' but customer is able to go by a quote or contract and changed the items

isabelle A. shared this question 14 months ago
Answered

Hello

My website is not online yet.

But when i sent a quote or contract to a customer, they are able to go by clicking and item and modifiy the quote or contract

How do i prevent that ?

Comments (22)

photo

do you have your settings/online quoting setting disabled to no? i think that should keep them from being able to do that

photo

Both allow autobooking and display quote are YES

Do i have to put both to NO ? or only autobooking ?

photo

But i still want cutomer to be able to sign the contract and pay online...

photo

yes if your site isnt open yet

i would set autobooking to no and do a test lead

then i would also turn the display quote to no and test again

that should take care of it

but if you are sending quotes to clients they will need to display the quote to view it so you might not be able to turn off the display setting.

you can also set your lead update time to 1

that would only allow them 1 minute to make changes which i think would solve teh changing issue for you

photo
photo

They are probably using the "edit" button on quote confirm page...we can remove this for you?

photo

Susan, i think it would be a good solution but before; can you have a look at that leads, if you look at the quote, the button ''edit'' is not there so i guess i removed it. BUT you can still click on items and access the web site... how do we prevent that for now ?

leads:

photo

It's because you are using the "rental link" variable for your items. We can use just the regular rental name variable

photo

Thank you

Can you modify il all 4 quote templates ?

Remove EDIT and use the rental name with no link ?

Thank you

f09bb72f800296e6b334fac671ffe961

photo

How long before you actually have your website go live

photo

Hoping before high season. But even when it will go live, we will not have customer autobook except for take out which is a small part of our business. We do not see the faisability of online booking vs employees availability.

photo

set it to where they can only online book 30 or so days out then the will give you time to staff and call the client etc.

we have our set for 2 weeks and it seems to work very well for us

you dont want to loose the client to someone else who will take an online booking,

You can always add a message to say "your event it outside of our normal online booking window please call the office"

photo
photo

Ok, this has been updated on all...we can always revert back when you go live

photo

thank you

Also on the quote confirm,

on leads: 12861843 - we see correctly the original price and the discounted price on the first 2 items but not the others...

Can you see why ?

4bb3bbe53a7e269f41c4af0b75c56c5a

photo

I was having a developer take a look at this...did you happen to see this on any others? I only see it on this one so far

photo

Also, if by mistake, we send the contract link to a customer for a lead in Quote status,. When customer open the link it says it is invalide. BUT if he clicks on ''try again'' it opens the web to a quote confirm email where they can modify. Can you please withdraw this link in the 4 templates ? Thank you

8852e819c225e9338166b7d568e3f926

photo

Do you have another example of this? Our developers are working on this but we need a lead example that is still in quote status, Thanks!

photo

Are you looking for an exemple of the discount not showing for all items or an exemple for the link that opens the ''web site'' to the customer ?

photo

An example of when you accidentally send a contract link to the customer when it's still in quote status?

photo

I do not have an exemple but i could do it again

What happened is the resp chose an email template with the CONTRACT link instead of the quote link

Of course, system pop a warning that the customer will not be able to see the contract because still in quote status but the resp clicked ok and send it anyways. The customer received the email, click on the link and the message below shows:

It says; you entered an invalid link or expired link. Click here to try again

When you click ''click here to try again'' it opens a page on the web site where customer can change his quote.

I can't send to me this because since i have an account, it does open the contract so not sure how to send you an exemple of this. Maybe i can try to send it to you if you give me an email address ?

2bf094610a8b2031c0f11d55c2825c20

photo

You can send a link to the support@inflatableoffice.com address

photo

Just sent it. Let me know but since you are logged in my guess is that it will open the contract for you as it does for me

I also sent it to somebody external and just looked with him and when he opens the link it says ''invalid click here to try again and then it opens the quote page.....''

photo

I don't see it...what lead # did you send it from?

photo

object is: exemple for Web site not ''open'' but customer is able to go by a quote or contract and changed the items

photo

thanks!

photo

This is fixed now...the customer will no longer be able to go back and edit the quote

Leave a Comment

Attach a file