Automated Event Concierge

Charles S. shared this question 15 months ago
Awaiting Reply

Hello all. I am basing this off the calls we often receive. We are a larger company that does a number of school, town, and corporate events. We spend a lot of our time building events, which does set us apart, but I'm wondering (for postprom season for example) about a tool or existing plugin to at most filter the inventory and at least suggest a number of items from inventory categories to have a successful event. Kicking out a budget range would be really helpful as well (as in expect to spend between $2,000-$3,500 for inflatable games for your event).

Could honestly serve as a front page button like "help me build my event".

First question could be "one unit or more than one unit"

Next "How many people, age range, interactive or not, mechanical or not, water or not, budget"... just ideas.

I think this could be a cool selling feature in the landscape of rental company software. No clue how heavy a lift it would be.

Comments (2)

photo

This sounds pretty cool, and I'd bet it could be accomplished in some form, pretty close to what you're describing. I'm not sure if it's worth the work, though. How about a page (IO category) for each type of event, then, on that page, you show several sample packages? Each of the packages would be just a starting point, with a ballpark price, and other information. Because the page is a category in IO, it would display all the items available (or recommended) for that type of event.

photo

im with you casey, the AI needed would be a huge undertaking, but a landing page for Proms (IO category) pick all the items you think would be good and add them to that category, and maybe a prom add on category for some of the non attraction items like photo booths, concession items maybe..

That would be my take on it.. Which now gives me an idea to do some pages for Corporate Rentals, Festival Rentals Wedding Rentals just to get those planning a starting point :) HMMMMMMM

photo

I've been building a lot of category pages like this over the last year, but I never finish them. I have them for all different themes and event types. One thing slowing me down is the amount of time it takes to go through inventory, adding every item to all the categories. I don't know if there is a quicker way to do this. It would be nice if we could just check boxes on a spreadsheet, then use that to update our inventory in IO.

photo

Ha! I just figured out how to do it quickly! In case you don't already know this, go to the inventory list, check off the items you want to add to a category, select "Edit Multiple", and add them all to the new category/categories.c1354159e26980d700cf532d8b5ecb65

photo

You could also design a landing page in elementor and use the IO Featured Product widget to choose what items are to be displayed. This gives you a little more control of the page design.

That said, I've been doing it Casey's way.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file