Overnight Timeslot

Brooke W. shared this question 16 months ago
Awaiting Reply

Our company offers free overnight with all rentals. To my knowledge, timeslots can only be applied for rentals on the same day. I looked into overnight rentals in the knowledge base and see that a filter must first be made, then there are additional steps to charge a fee for overnight. Before I delve too deeply into that, I guess I'm trying to find out if that's actually where I need to start.

I am aware that we can just select a really late time for pickup and then just pick it up the next day, but I would like for the rental duration to be correct on the calendar. I.E.: If the pickup is supposed to be the following day, I want it to show up that way. Do we just have to modify every rental duration manually to make this happen? Any help is appreciated!

Comments (1)

photo

Pricing has to be done in bank of hours. However, you can possibly use settings in the cart to force overnight if event time is after a certain time. I.e. if someone chooses a pick up time of 8pm, the cart will force the event time to be 9a the next day. If you have your pricing set up straight, you won't have to charge extra. Does that make sense?

photo

It makes sense but I'm really new to this software, so I really kind of need a step-by-step. When you say "pricing set up straight," what do you mean? And the settings in the cart are found in our wordpress settings, right?

photo

The cart settings is in WordPress dash board under the inflatable office plug in. Should be a selection for overnight and what you want the next morning time to be.

The pricing will depend. How do you want it prices? Free overnights but 2nd day is half off as an example. Do you allow that kind of thing?

photo

When we had ERS, the second day was 50% of the base price. But that setup was soooo different! We had preset time slots, but if we exited the time slot, it would charge the 50% rule. Is there a way to do something similar?

photo

yes, there are 2 ways, one is traditional pricing which is hours based but still doable and one is conditional pricing. Which can also present some problems but nothing the customer will experience. just creating leads on the back end gets a little more wonky.

photo

I suggest setting up an appointment with a support rep to go over pricing options https://calendly.com/d/hxx-p34-9js/support-30-min

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file