Allow Accessories to have Accessories

Joe W. shared this question 17 months ago
Answered

Any plans to allow accessories to attach to accessories similar to how you attach to inventory item?

Since everything is moving toward scanning in/out etc. this will be a big deal!

Comments (3)

photo

This isn't something that is in the works or that will be possible. Only rental items can be accessories to rental items or accessories be accessories to rental items.

photo

What's the use for this?

photo

I've asked for this, and I know others have as well. I can't think of any exact scenarios where I've wanted this, but I think movies and golf simulator are a couple items. There are so many options with each of those, I think one scenario looks something like this:

Movie night is the main rental item, then you select whether it's a backyard movie, movie in the park, or drive-in. From there you select a screen size, projector, sound system, and other options. It works having a long list of accessories to choose from, but there are parts of this that would make more sense if the accessories had accessories.

Golf simulator is similar. Depending on whether it's indoor (darkened space) or out (daylight), each of those has its own set of options to choose from: Which enclosure, screen size, launch monitor, TVs/projector, video and audio cables, wireless casting device, etc.

I think there are some much more common scenarios where this would be useful. I'll let you know when one comes up.

photo

Maybe photo booth? Photo booth is the main item. Then you select from 20 available backdrops (accessories). Some of those backdrops require Frame A, and some require Frame B, of which you only have one of each, but you have two booths. If both booths are booked, and one of them has a backdrop that requires Frame A, you don't want the other booth selecting a backdrop that also requires Frame B. I don't know if this is a good example or not.

photo

Bulls are the big one I was forgetting! We have 3 mechanical bull bases, 4 bodies, 6 inflatables, and one option to run a Log Jammer (or whatever it's called) in place of a bull body. Some options are interchangeable, and some are not. Because these are among our most popular items, and each event has its own needs, it would be a lot easier to manage if we could build each of them in steps.

photo
photo

Example I was working on was an accessory "disco ball" that can require a "speaker stand" which is an accessory.

I'm trying to get away from packing list items and move to accessories to get a better handle on inventory control.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file