allow booking with short inventory

Ryan F. shared this question 17 months ago
Answered

is there a setting that I can adjust to allow booking when I am short accessories in my inventory? For example, I still want to allow bookings on orders even though I may be aware and have some accessories ordered. An example is lead

Comments (6)

photo

No, the only way to override would be to send the customer the contract

photo

Okay so we can do it on our end? On that lead example I have put it to contract requested status however when you click on the contract it's still does not allow it to be completed

photo

Actually, this doesn't work like it used to. If it's a true conflict it would have to be fixed for the customer to sign and pay. If it's an "overlap" it can be overidden...but a true conflict just won't work anymore. You would have to go in the inventory and fudge the numbers temporarily to get this to work

photo

when I say overlap I mean more of travel time that can be altered...

photo

ah...ok. is this the same with perishable items? this is problematic if you are trying to keep track of supplies and order based on bookings, now you can't book unless you have it in your possessions.

photo

yeah, if it's a true conflict it just won't let someone sign the contract

photo

That's not true. We do this all the time. I just tested it to make sure it still works. All you need to do is bump the lead status up to something that reserves the equipment. We have a Hold status with the "Reserve Equipment for Leads in this Status" box checked.

photo
photo

Ryan, if you're talking specifically about consumable items, this is easy. Go to that item and add the amount you have on order, and be sure to select the date that the new supplies will arrive. IO will show a conflict for orders prior to that date, but not after.fd11185808673fe1315c803a0bfe80a0

photo

For inventory items - like if you order some new inflatables at IAAPA - add them to your inventory, but put them in maintenance. Set the check in date to a date after the items will arrive. That will get the new items on your website, and allow bookings after they arrive, but not before.

*see my other reply about working around some situations by using status settings

photo

Okay that's a pretty good idea. I have two businesses the business I'm running is Christmas lights with this situation. So I don't know if that solution helps. We don't do online shopping and booking for this business it's just a matter of keeping track of inventory

photo

Okay I did not know that's a feature. But that is a great idea. Technically it's not consumables. This is for our Christmas light business. The challenge is the inventory is tied up with the customer for several months. And then most of the inventory is only good for that same customer in the future so maybe it should be treated as a consumable. But if we treat it as a consumable then we don't really know that inventory we have on hand when we pick it up. I'll have to think about that

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file