Tips in the backoffice

Russell S. shared this question 19 months ago
Answered

Is there any way to allow a person working for my company to add on a tip to a customer's order? All of the current options (and the one that you suggested) are for the customer to add the tip. Sometimes the customer requests us to add the tip (or they give us a check for more than the balance due with the rest being intended as a tip), but there is no way for me to add a tip to the order. Can you add the tip protocol to the order screen that we (my employees and I) see?

Comments (3)

photo

I BELIEVE the tip can be added on the back end as a fee titled "tip" and be seen by IO as the same as what the customer sees. If that makes sense. BUT this feature would be cool too.

photo

yes, only as a fee currently

photo

Is this information still current now that it's been another year?

What are the differences between having the tip tracked as a tip vs. tracked as a fee? Are tips added by the customer included directly into worker's payroll?

photo

It's still accurate. Tips is just a fee designation.

Tips are not added by the system to the payroll report because there's no way to designate who there to is for.

You would have to build a report to track tips. Which can be a little harder if you're designating them per job to the employees on that job.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file