Automated IO Fees showing in QuickBooks as Negative Discount (in chart of accounts)

Talon H. shared this problem 38 days ago
Solved

I have a number of fees set up under Promotions & Fees that get applied automatically. Everything seems to work well, but I just started an audit of my QuickBooks and found that these are getting synced to the "Discounts" account in QB.

Is this an IO setting or a QB setting that needs to be adjusted?

P.S. Adjustments I'm putting in manually (fees and discounts) seem to be applying correctly, it's just these automated ones.

Comments (2)

photo

Do you need to recategorize this fee? It says discount?

photo

I can recategorize the ones already in QB if needed, but I need to learn how to fix it going forward, since this is happening automatically when IO syncs with QB.

It is syncing into the Same-Day Rental sub-account inside the "Discounts" account in QB. Is that what you're referring to it "saying" discount?

photo
photo

Here's how to change what account your fees go into (in QBO):

1. In Quickbooks Online, go the Settings (gear icon), then click on Products and services (under Lists).
  2. Find the item you are looking for.
  3. Click Edit.
  4. Change the "Income account" to whatever you would like it to be for the future. IO will never override any changes you make to the income account.
  5. Repeat that for every item as necessary on the Products and Services list.

Whenever IO syncs to QBO, it automatically puts any new Inventory items or new Discounts or new Fees from your Leads in IO into QBO's Products & Services list. And it sets a default "income account" in QBO for that item. But as mentioned above, the IO sync does not override any changes you make to the "income account" in the Products & Services list.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file